Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Fort Wilderness - Disney World

Peggy and I arrived at Fort Wilderness this afternoon. We'll be here for the next week. TTFN!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	site 542.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	467.1 KB
ID:	29639  
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Looking good Jay. Have a great time and say ha to Mickey for us.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What... No shout out for Minnie?
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #4

I'm envious...lol. We used to go every year in Feb for 3-4 weeks and loved it. Which loop are you in?
quickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #5

YUP - we've been there, done that and REALLY wish we could again! We also had the full-park access, enjoyed Epcot the most by far, but some attractions of the other parks were neat as well - as others have said, all green with envy here!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We were there for a few days last week. As always, they do a terrific job, and we had a wonderful time. Although, I thought $127.00 for two at the Hoop-de -doo revue for dinner was a bit much. I may be in the minority, but everytime I leave Disney, I feel as though Mickey has grabbed me by my ankles and shook every last dollar from my pockets.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-PHartley View Post
... everytime I leave Disney, I feel as though Mickey has grabbed me by my ankles and shook every last dollar from my pockets.
Oh he has for sure. But people keep coming back so they must be doing something right.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #8

Quote:
I may be in the minority, but everytime I leave Disney, I feel as though Mickey has grabbed me by my ankles and shook every last dollar from my pockets.
You are not alone. Our winter home is six miles from the WDW gates, and every year we end up there 4 or 5 times a year to accommodate visiting relatives/friends. We take the motorhome over to Ft. Wilderness to give everyone a day break place. I guess I am just an old grump. I do not see the attraction of the parks, and I feel FW is one of the most over rated rv parks we visit. But, hey, without WDW, central Florida would be orange groves, swamps and alligators.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-PHartley View Post
We were there for a few days last week. As always, they do a terrific job, and we had a wonderful time. Although, I thought $127.00 for two at the Hoop-de -doo revue for dinner was a bit much. I may be in the minority, but everytime I leave Disney, I feel as though Mickey has grabbed me by my ankles and shook every last dollar from my pockets.
Couldn't agree more. We blew $100 on dinner at O'Hana's last night. That will be our most expensive meal of the week. We love the Hoop-de-doo, but haven't been for years because of the price, but the point about people continuing to come back is valid. We've been here something over 30 times (lost count), our first visit being 1980 when we traveled with a tent. Don't miss the tent.

As we'll be staying near here for the next three months we bought season tickets and we'll be able to come and go as we please for the next three months (we'll be about 20 minutes from Disney). We'll also be able to use the tickets next November when we plan to come down about three weeks earlier.

We're on the 500 loop. We wanted to be close to the dog park.
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Peggy and I arrived at Fort Wilderness this afternoon. We'll be here for the next week. TTFN!
Hello there Jay, I told you when were pulling out of Lake Greenwood at the end of october that I would send you and peg a snow ball, well here is a little snow (our first of the year) but no ball as I don't want to outside to make one..lol.So I took this looking out our sunroom into our back yard. I sure like your photo and where you guys are at better than mine. We wished we had meet you guys when we pulled in not when leaving. It was nice meeting you and peg. ENJOY YOUR TRAVELS! Your rig looks really nice there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06884.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	29668  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
...I sure like your photo and where you guys are at better than mine. ...
Amen to that!

We can visit more on your next trip to Lake Greenwood.
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Jay just by looking at your campsite I bet you really miss this great WI. weather we are having. Say hello from us to Peggy and enjoy the good life, make sure the pups get some extra treats on us. Jim
Old 12-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #13

Love this campground. Just booked another trip here for May. Have a wonderful vaca.
ncylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We left this morning and are now parked at Lazydays, I have a service appointment here in the morning.

This was not one of our better Disney trips. No fault of Disney. Peggy got sick early on in the trip and I came down with whatever she had later in the week. We "forced" ourselves to go to one of the parks on most days, but we didn't stay long. One such adventure was limited to only 20 minutes.

The good new is, we bought season tickets and we'll be able to more than make up for what we missed over the next three months. We'll be wintering in a park just 20 minutes from the main gate.
2024 Ford Expedition