Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
From Kingston, Ontario to Nova Scotia

Lanning our trip this summer. Going to Parrsboro Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. I am debating wether to drive through Quebec/ New Brunswick or cross over in the states at Cornwall, Cross lake Champlain, take highway 2 and cross at Calais into New Brunswick. Anyone done both these routes? We are newbies. i would like to plan the whole trip prior to leaving.
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou
Lanning our trip this summer. Going to Parrsboro Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. I am debating wether to drive through Quebec/ New Brunswick or cross over in the states at Cornwall, Cross lake Champlain, take highway 2 and cross at Calais into New Brunswick. Anyone done both these routes? We are newbies. i would like to plan the whole trip prior to leaving.
I would go through the US. Going down and return through Canada. Did this last summer, great trip both ways. Crossed back into Canada at St. Stephens N.B. going down....and save on price of fuel.
gygreyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gygreyhawk

I would go through the US. Going down and return through Canada. Did this last summer, great trip both ways. Crossed back into Canada at St. Stephens N.B. going down....and save on price of fuel.
Did you follow route 3 then 2?
Is the terrain hilly in vermont and new hampshire? Or anywhere...
A little nervous venturing on unknowned roads
Also, how much longer did it take you to return through the states?
And... Did you go through Montreal?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Going Trans Canada is much faster with all 4 lanes except some 2 lane in Quebec.It well take 10 to 12 hours from Cornwell to Fredericton with a RV.Two years ago I when from Ottawa to Bangor via Montreal.It is slower with all 2 lanes in Maine. I do not remenber any bad hills and fuel is less expense.The #9 to Calis has some hills but not bad if you take your time.St.Stephen to NS. is 4 lane and you will see the Bay of Fundy from time to time.
Wendy.Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
We decided to drive through Quebec. Got the route planned out, we'll avoid Montreal by driving through Salabery de valleyfield and Beauharnois