Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #15

Lots of good ideas here!
Krashqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2017, 03:43 AM   #16

Thank you everyone for all the great ideas and places to visit. So I apologize for not giving more detailed information because I am still in my early planning stages so I am open to anything. To answer some of the questions, we are a family of four with two boys ages 13/8. Our past experiences of traveling has been going cross country one Year for a National Parks Vacation visiting national parks. We left Los Angeles and headed to Grand Canyon, to Arches, to Rocky Mountains, to Wind Caves, to Mt Rushmore, to Yellowstone, Tetons, Devil’s Tower, Glacier, Bryce and Zion.

The Next Year we visited Sequoia and Yosemite as Well as El Yunque National Park and San Juan Historic Site, both of which are in Puerto Rico.

Then last summer we travelled from Los Angeles to Orlando Florida for Disney World stopping along the way. First stop was Joshua Tree National Park. Then Tucson, Az. Then Carlsbad National park in New Mexico. Then to Austin, Tx. Then to New Orleans, to Panama Beach, Florida then Orlando. On the way back we stopped at Pensacola, Dallas, Albuquerque, Page, Az then Sedona and headed back home. My oldest son is heading to High School next year so I wanted to do one last Long road trip before he is too busy with school and sports to travel.

I hope that helps and please keep the ideas and suggestions coming. I am actually planning on booking RV and camping spots once the holidays are over. Thank you again and Merry Christmas to all.
cvo15885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With some insight of where you have been consider this - I-40 across to Oklahoma City where you have the Murrah Bldg bombing memorial, then a stop at the Arch in St. Louis, then up to Springfield for a stop at Lincolns Tomb and Home. Then through Indianapolis to Niagara Falls, Across I-90 to Albany then cut up into Vermont to Arcadia National Park in Maine. Come down the coast to Rockport area and next stop in Littleton MA for Minuteman National park and a side trip via train to Boston. Then Westbound to home. There is a lot more to see than I have mentioned along this route depending on what you are into. I did the Niagara Falls to Maine to Massachusetts portion last summer and it was really a nice time.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #18

Great suggestions from the members. We stayed at Four Mile Creek just outside of Niagara and loved it. We day tripped to the Canada side. As mentioned, the view is better on that side of the border. We really enjoyed our visit to Ft. Niagara.

Depending on the time of year, you might consider crossing the border and traveling on Trans Canada 1 in either East to West or West to East. The road between Lake Louise and Jasper, Alberta is called Ice Fields IMHO one of the most scenic stretches of road that I've ever driven. There are plenty of hiking opportunities for you and your family.

The International Peace Gardens are little known, but beautiful. These are on the border with North Dakota and Manitoba. There is a campground inside the park.

Sounds like a great trip. Great that you are creating memories for your children.

Travel safely.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:22 AM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
If taking a northern route I suggest adding the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY, and the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH.

I think your sons will enjoy both.
Jerry TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #20

You and your boys might enjoy a side trip to the RV Museum in Elkhart IN if your selected route takes you nearby. It has a wonderful collection of "Recreational Vehicles". The industry has come a long way.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #21

Tip, If you stay at a NY state park (4 mile is excellent!), you can use your camping pass to get into the NY state park parking lot at the falls. You'll wanna park there for the Maid o' the Mist ride anyway. Bonus!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote