Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2015, 06:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Run View Post
If all goes as planned, we will be there the afternoon of the 19th. I need to ensure that my standard poodle is welcome, she is well behaved but I know some places don't accept dogs.
We have three dogs and all came with us. If anything, they had too many treats at the Gettysburg campground. The pups beg to differ.
Wanabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2015, 06:51 AM   #16

We stayed at Artillary Ridge in July they are pet friendly and very nice people. From there you are within walking distance to the National Park Visitors Center where you will find a wealth of information. We did the bus tour of the battlefields as we didn't have a toad. We enjoyed it. We took a cab into the town I believe it was 20$ one way but well worth it. They will include some coupons for free sights to see we did the Diorama which was worth it. There is just so much history in the town area you could spend days reading the signs and walking.
Enjoy

2011 Serrano 31X
Wonderful Life
cuffumdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:02 AM   #17

We stayed at Gettysburg Campground, 3 times in the past, last time back in July. Great place, they have a ice cream parlor in the store!

This year we did the Segway tour. Very good. The company that runs it is top shelf, fun to ride, got the tour, and zipped around the crowds.

Did I mention the campground has Ice Cream?

L.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:56 AM   #18

I am going to call them later today after work. New front tires going on this week.
Monkey Run is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #19

Well, I just booked with Artillery Ridge, Kathy was extremely helpful. She told me that downtown is just a mile from the part so walking or biking is not a problem.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #20

Great! You are in for a treat. Enjoy it!
Safe travels😃

2011 Serrano 31X
Wonderful Life
cuffumdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #21

My gratitude goes out to all of you for the assistance, this first time out is making me a bit edgy. I purchased this coach with known issues, nothing mechanical but some cosmetic to address. Between those items and two major surgeries our timeline was set back from the fall of 2013 until now. Well... some was my own fault, I purchased a boat at auction which consumed most of last summer...
Old 09-28-2015, 05:28 AM   #22

Have a great trip. We loved every minute of it.
Wanabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:58 PM   #23

Gettysburg KOA this weekend. Going to enjoy the fall one last time!

Joel
2015 2201DS Minnie, Lime green
2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
jumpmaster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #24

I like that pull behind you have there. Given all the work required by these coaches, wife and I may go to something smaller. We shall see how this trip works for us.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Run View Post
I like that pull behind you have there. Given all the work required by these coaches, wife and I may go to something smaller. We shall see how this trip works for us.

We are sure enjoying it!

Joel
2015 2201DS Minnie, Lime green
2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
jumpmaster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:12 AM   #26

Oct 16-18

Going to Gettysburg KOA this weekend. 2 other friends are going but we are all in different campgrounds as all were sold out. Never stayed ANYWHERE other then Gettysburg Campground before so this will be interesting. Anyone else going to be in the area? Also, any suggestions for a campground for Labor day? Wanted Rocky Gap but full!
joannme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #27

We will be in Artillery Ridge this weekend with a group of 25 or so.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #28

Just returned home, first fairly long trip after doing all that work on our coach. It was a fantastic time! We found things that we forgot to bring so started a list for the next trip. Artillery Ridge is a great place to stay, we walked into town two days but then rented a vehicle for the second two. Ran into a group of firemen who celebrate Halloween there, so... also being a fireman, we may go back for the festivities next year. All in all, our old pusher coach kicked butt going down the highway, but a tag axle would have been beneficial in the mountains especially with the heavy cross winds we had.