Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Going to Fla.

We will be going to the Jacksonville, St Augastine area in Dec. Any suggestions on RV parks
JoePut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi JoePut,
In the St. Augustine area consider Stage Coach RV Park. Contact number is 904-824-2319. It is at I95 exit 318. Convenient to I95 and about 4 miles to St. Augustine. Camping World is also at this exit.

In Jacksonville consider Pecan Park RV Resort. Contact info is 888-604-6770. It is at I95 exit 366. Paved concrete sites. Behind a large flee market, if you are there on the weekend.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #3

We really like Hannah Barry in Jacksonville. Also further note we loved Fort Clinch State park.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #4

We like Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine, beautiful 1600 acre park right on the Atlantic Ocean. Lot of activities, very large sites mostly in the woods. Welcome to Florida State Parks
lostagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
We stayed at the KOA in St. Augustine last year and it was very nice with a pond and shaded sites.

Also Beverly Beach Camptown is right on the ocean and very nice. You can bike into town to a great bakery/cafe.

Agree witht the recommendation for Ft. Clinch State Park. We were there in 2002 and my kids still talk about it.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
florida

I second anastasia state park as the beach is amazing. we will be there in dec.site 108.paul/joann
pjkellrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #7

sorry i can't help on a park but the beach at crescent city beach is one of the nicest we have been to.

Dar & Barb
1STGENDAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #8

You might want to call for reservations. I'll be at Mayport Naval Station tomorrow and already full. I'll have to dry camp. That's early for them to be using overflow.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
We were at anastasia in september. Doesn't get better.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChief7155 View Post
You might want to call for reservations. I'll be at Mayport Naval Station tomorrow and already full. I'll have to dry camp. That's early for them to be using overflow.
Hey Oldchief, are you a member of the American Legion?

Post 137 in Jacksonville is very unique. They have a large private piece of land behind their post right on Cedar Creek with a deep water boat ramp and direct access to the St. Johns River. There are six 30 amp FHU sites and two partial hook ups on the water with W&E. The whole area is fenced with gated entry. They do not take reservations but are hardly ever full unless there is a holiday. If you are not a member you can call and make arrangements to join. The FHU sites are $17.00 a day and you can stay for two weeks at a time.

These pictures were taken early this year when we spent two weeks there. The first picture was taken from our living room window and the second is of our site and RV.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=14036
http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=14014

FastEagle
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #11

Flamingo lake is nice , kinda pricey, I know pecan park has been working on there camp ground but have not stayed at that one. Both in Jax
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #12

I'm at the Anastasia State Park right now and it is beautiful ! Wanted to stay longer but they are booked for the weekend....and every weekend ! So I have to pull out of here Friday morning.

Only drawback (for me anyway as I am towing a trailer) is that they do not have any pull-thru sites....only back-in. But I managed anyway.

Make your reservation if you're considering it.
heritage2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #13

There is a little mom and pop campground at exit 1 in Kingsland, Georgia, which isn't too far from Jacksonville that is small and cozy. We stayed there in 2006 as our maiden voyage with our fiver. Country Oaks Campground Welcome to Country Oaks Campground.

We also stayed at Flamingo Lakes RV Resort, Hanna Park, Anastasia State Park, and Gold Head State Park. They are all nice except for if you have a large camper, then Hanna Park and Anastasia State Park could get tight getting in and out of your camp site.
zigzag3337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Stayed At Flamingo Lakes this past weekend. For 45 bucks I can't complain. Home depot and WalMart within 1/2 mile, nice lake, cafe, and people were friendly.
phyllisNchri is offline   Reply With Quote