Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #1

Going to fort wilderness florida

My DW and I are planning a trip to Disney in Florida soon and are planning on staying at fort wilderness we have a 42 ' class a motorhome and was wondering which sites where the best for us I don't like to be squeezed into a site we have 4 slides and I don't like trees against the sides. Any help?
Beacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #2

There is an ap called FW Sites which gives the dimensions on all the sites. While you can not reserve a site they are excellent on getting one you will fit in with no trouble. Enjoy your stay we love going there.
dlane34240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
YC1

We are in the 500 loop near the dog run. We asked for that area. Our spot is a bit narrow but there are many that are much wider in the same loop. What a great place. Very relaxed and friendly. Horse drawn carriages, hay wagons, and the Magic.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spend the money for the premium sites. You don't even want to try to get into the low end sites. All are nice in and of themselves. You'll just be happier. IMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #5

Thanks everyone for the input we are going for the biggest site they have. Last time we where there we where pulling a trailer and it was so tight to get backed in I didn't know if they had changed things. Anyway thanks for the help.
Beacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #6

Just got back from there and stayed in site 122. It was long enough but not wide enough for me. I would recommend staying across the road form where we were. I cant remember the site numbers but you can find 122 and go from there. Great campground.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #7

Evergreen Owners Club
we are going October 26th first timer how early can you check in and get to your site ?

Thank's
mike
Old 09-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #8

They open the gates to let people in at 1:00. I like getting to the gate between 12:15 and 12:30 as the lines fill up fast. Enjoy you stay.
dlane34240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #9

We parked in the Big Bear loop last time, had plenty of room for our 40' and the golf cart parade went right in front of us. Halloween is a great time to be in Fort Wilderness. :-)
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
The premium sites have been both widened and lengthened.

Fort Fiends has a smart phone app "Sites at the Fort". You can bring up not only the size, but an actual photo of each site.

Last year we were assigned a site that was plenty big, but there was no way we could maneuver into it. Thankfully there was an easy access site two down, and a nice young man (the garbage man) with a radio that got it all straightened out for us.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jay
You meant to say "the sanitation engineer" didn't you
Old 09-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
Jay
You meant to say "the sanitation engineer" didn't you
My failure/refusal to go "politically correct", got me in trouble more than once at work.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We travel in a 41 ft. Motorhome and go to FW a couple of times each year. Any premium site will well for you. The standard sites will be too narrow. We prefer the 1300 loop, just ask when you arrive and they can usually accommodate. If not, we like the 1200 loop or 1400. But, any premium site is nice. As for how early you can get in, there are no gates. Not sure what the other post meant, they are open 24/7 When we travel, we usually get there in the morning around 10-11am and almost always we get in right away. Only once did we have to wait until 1:00 for a site to clear. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
My guess is it is a sanitary cast member
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote