Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #1

Carolina Campers
Gone to the dogs!

4Paws Kingdom
Called 4Paws Kingdom Campground and Dog Retreat.

Stayed there 12 days and already plan to go back for two weeks. They are an awesome campground for those of us with dogs. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2017, 01:53 PM   #2

Thanks! Might have to check this one out!
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:08 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to GraciesDaddy
Lily and Chloe will LOVE this!!

Too bad it's in North Carolina.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #4

We stayed there Apr 17-24 and had a blast with our dogs when it wasn't raining. Can't control rain. Good to be back around mountains since we had wintered in Florida. Excellent staff and many opportunities for the dog(s) and you in a peaceful setting.
95B20V5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #5

We stayed there many years ago, and remember they had different play areas for the dogs. Nice place!
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #6

Not very economical for us, with their $4 per dog charge. They do allow the 1st 4 dogs free, but we travel with our 10 Chins.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #7

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95B20V5 View Post
We stayed there Apr 17-24 and had a blast with our dogs when it wasn't raining. Can't control rain. Good to be back around mountains since we had wintered in Florida. Excellent staff and many opportunities for the dog(s) and you in a peaceful setting.
We were here during that time, Apr 12 - 21. We were along the front row as you come in, the big Heartland Landmark 365 5th wheel.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
We were here during that time, Apr 12 - 21. We were along the front row as you come in, the big Heartland Landmark 365 5th wheel.
We were in Monaco Dynasty 43 ft tag axle motorhome 2nd or 3rd down from you off road going towards office. My chihuahua was fascinated with 4 cows and jackass across road in field the whole time we were there.
95B20V5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:30 AM   #9

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95B20V5 View Post
We were in Monaco Dynasty 43 ft tag axle motorhome 2nd or 3rd down from you off road going towards office. My chihuahua was fascinated with 4 cows and jackass across road in field the whole time we were there.
I remember that MH!

Our two were also fascinated with the cows/jackass. Lucy pretended she was a Great Dane that looks like a chihuahua.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
Not very economical for us, with their $4 per dog charge. They do allow the 1st 4 dogs free, but we travel with our 10 Chins.
You travel with 10 doggies? How do you do it? I'm serious because we have multiple dogs, also and always trying to figure out where we can stay.
empty_nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by empty_nest View Post
You travel with 10 doggies? How do you do it? I'm serious because we have multiple dogs, also and always trying to figure out where we can stay.
Exactly, I've never heard of a place that allows 10 dogs.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Exactly, I've never heard of a place that allows 10 dogs.
To an untrained eye and a bit of slight of hand by the owner 10 can look like two and it helps if they are all the same breed and color.

Best dog friendly CG I've been to is James Island County Park in Charleston SC. They have a huge fenced dog run on a small lake besides about 100 full hook up camp sites. Was there last week and I think there were 70 dogs in the run area Friday evening.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by empty_nest View Post
There are many campgrounds that don't have limits on quantity. People who show dogs in dog shows travel all the time. In fact, that is how we wound up with so many, as we showed for 20 years. The key is to check before you arrive. We look at campground websites and check out their rules. If there is a limit we would exceed, we usually go somewhere else. Ours are small and quiet, and sometimes a phone call will help, as many campgrounds will let us "bend the rules". Sometimes they ask that we only have 2 or 4, or whatever their limit is, outside at any one time. Corps of Engineer parks, state parks, and local municipal parks are also very pet friendly. We've been traveling with them for 2 1/2 years, and have only had to leave 1 campground. And that was our choice, because they told us we could not let our dogs pee anywhere around our site, but would have to carry them to the dog park which was about a block from our site.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:23 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
Best dog friendly CG I've been to is James Island County Park in Charleston SC. They have a huge fenced dog run on a small lake besides about 100 full hook up camp sites. Was there last week and I think there were 70 dogs in the run area Friday evening.
We were there a couple months ago, best dog park I've ever seen. Acres of land, a lake, lots of different things for dogs to do, and anywhere from 50-100 dogs there all the time. Funny how you see the cliques emerge when that many dogs are together. Water dogs here, retrievers there, herders...everywhere...and our dog trying to fit in with all of them.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote