Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #1

green caye rv park

Any one stayed here? Looking to stay month of dec any comments on resort
ixtapamayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
paz

We stayed there in 2010. Below is a photo of our site.

The roads and pads are paved, and there is a strip of grass between the sites. The sites are a little close together, but aren't bad for a private campground. Most of the sites are long pull-throughs. There were full hookups and free Wi-Fi.

Green Caye Village also includes houses, duplexes and mobile homes, but as I remember, the campground was separate.

I checked our blog entry for when we stayed there and it says the campground was fairly quiet except for a constant hum from a nearby chemical plant during the day. The hum stopped at night. Click HERE to see the entire blog entry for yourself.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Like many of the CG's of today, there are workers present and the morning and evening hours can have an engine or two firing up.

There are not "many" amenities, but it is made up for by the close proximity to many of the shopping and touring attractions. They do have a 9 hole, par 3, golf course, and some "fast food" can be purchased there. But as I stated, restaurants are 3 miles or less to get to.

Downtown Houston - 33 miles,
The Strand, Galveston, TX - 24 miles
Downtown Dickinson, TX - 2.2 miles
League City, TX - 6 miles
Baybrook Mall - 12 miles
Kemah Boardwalk - 6 miles

My house - 11 miles

More eating establishments in those areas than you will have time for.

Green Caye is what I suggest as a first place when anyone asks. There are many other RV Parks in the area, and they are all as accommodating as Green Caye.

For $400 a month, including electricity is a good value.

Please do give me a holler. Let me know which way you will be coming in and I can most likely guide you on a favorable route, and set you up for a coffee meeting.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote