Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2019, 10:36 PM   #1

Gulfport Mississippi for my daughter's national softball tournament

Hi guys, like the title says we're heading to gulfport in July. Yes July. Really looking forward to that heat and humidity.

We're looking at the Gulfhaven park in gulfport. Has anyone stayed there or can recommend a nice park that allows 5th wheels?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
lucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #2

I live near Gulfport and Gulf Haven is nice. Cajun RV Park and Majestic Oaks is good too.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:26 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have nothing to add other than congratulations to your daughter and enjoy your trip and the games. Our daughter played team sports, including softball, from the time she was old enough to sign up right through her senior year in high school. As a roadtripper at heart, I still miss our travels to her away games. Enjoy your adventure - it's a memory maker for sure - and the best of luck to your team!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:36 AM   #4

We like Indian Point in Gautier MS
dwwalker1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
I live near Gulfport and Gulf Haven is nice. Cajun RV Park and Majestic Oaks is good too.
Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ina4x4 View Post
I have nothing to add other than congratulations to your daughter and enjoy your trip and the games. Our daughter played team sports, including softball, from the time she was old enough to sign up right through her senior year in high school. As a roadtripper at heart, I still miss our travels to her away games. Enjoy your adventure - it's a memory maker for sure - and the best of luck to your team!

Mary
My daughter is following the same path. She's been playing high level travel ball since she was 9. We've been all over the country and there have been plenty of times that the trip getting there was more exciting and memorable than the tournaments. That's what's the 5th wheel came into play.
Thanks for your comments and believe me, I'm loving every second of both of my kids childhoods.
What the heck am I going to do when my playmates go off to college?
Old 04-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1320 View Post
My daughter is following the same path. She's been playing high level travel ball since she was 9. We've been all over the country and there have been plenty of times that the trip getting there was more exciting and memorable than the tournaments. That's what's the 5th wheel came into play.
Thanks for your comments and believe me, I'm loving every second of both of my kids childhoods.
You are going to put on a brave face, send them confidently out into the world and cry your eyes out once they've left. But it gets easier over time because you become truly excited to see them growing into young adults who are eager to make their dreams come true. It's all good, really. Plus, you get to hug them to pieces whenever you see them. The bonds your family is building now will become the heartstrings that tether your kids to you and your family's traditions. Our son will be 25 soon and our daughter is 20. She plays on an adult softball team with her brother's girlfriend, and all three of them still make it camping every summer with us at our favorite lake. Enjoy every minute now, then just keep the faith.

I know that was way off topic - my apologies!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1320 View Post

You become a Booster of said college. When your kids ask for money you point out that it would be impermissible benefits in the eyes of the NCAA all the while trying not to smirk.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We've stayed at Southern Oaks in Gulfport a couple times.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:03 PM   #10

Try going on Campgroundreviews.com. Click on the State and City and you will find multiple campgrounds, all with ratings and reviews of campers who actually stayed in the campground.

A good friend of mine whose son played little league, high school, and college, (son went to ASU and was 5th in the country as a college pitcher), is now a starting pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates. It must be great to watch your daughter play.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #11

Thanks for the kind words and recommendations everyone. It is a blast watching her play sports and one day I'll miss it like crazy. Right now it's just a blur of long drives, ballparks and lots of great times, crazy busy, but great. Thanks again.

Tags
national