Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplante4 View Post
When I first joined this site, I was warned that nothing get s thread shut down faster than discussing guns. Use the search feature to see previous discussions on this. You'll see that they were mostly closed by the moderator.

Second to guns is gas vs. diesel
Here's our community rule that pertains to this.

" General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive. "

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2015, 02:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Don't know why you think Calif is unfriendly to gun owners. It is a hunters paradise in some areas. Lots of rural area where deer, squirrel, bear, rabbits, pheasants etc. No open carry law and they are restrictive on gun permits but they are still available in some places. That said, Yosemite is a Federal park and those rules apply. Keep them out or reach and unloaded if driving a toad and if driving an rv keep them well away from the driver area. No one will ask if you are packing.

You should keep an eye on pending developments about the concealed carry permits. California's "may issue" law that left the decision up to the county sheriff was struck down by the 9th Circuit.
frizzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Though I support the rights of gun owners I choose to use other means to protect myself.

In addition to having the guns in a locked "Gun Safe" in the locked Basement,, Consider putting the ammo in a different Gun Safe in a different basement compartment.

Also consider changing the basement locks,,, Odds are way too high my key will fit your basement. Or bolt the safe to the basement so you can not remove it (not my first choice) .

Now, I will say I am comfortable with guns Decent shot, do not mine folks around me packing (if they are good people) in fact spent 25 years working around folks who carried guns... Professionally... Just I myself would rather not. I rather like that it is MY choice to not carry.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
It may call for a bit more research on "safe passage". Try this link.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/california.pdf
I believe it should have information on the regulation that will help you.
TnT612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #19

If you want to rile a few people on this website simply mention guns and Montana LLC's. Someone will try to tell you how illegal and evil that both are or should be.
OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #20

I personally do not see the point of even having a gun, or any weapon, if one is going to bury it, unloaded, out of reach, in a trunk, or storage compartment.
If you can't reach it, you can't use it, and nobody is going to call a time out to go unpack a weapon, therefore it is useless.
They serve no purpose, and therefore are just extra weight, and worry for those who actually concern themselves with gun laws, and worry about being stopped and searched.

That said, if a person is actually concerned about the laws, or being searched, the landscape is constantly changing with the federal court cases continually overturning restrictive state laws, and the states themselves changing their laws, so, it would behoove one to check the most recent rulings, and laws, rather than reading any link more than a few months old.
A federal court recently overturned the federal law about only being able to buy a handgun in your home state. Washington DC, and Chicago seems to lose in court monthly, because they continually ignore the constitutional rulings.
Plus some states are adding reciprocity to the CCW, open carry laws are showing up.
It is hard to stay current.
Texas is busy right now, overhauling its laws.
Also there is a movement in Congress, and Senate to create national CCW reciprocity.
So basically, what you read today, could be very different tomorrow, next week, or next month., and a link from last year could be completely wrong.
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:24 PM   #21

There are only a handful of states that have laws that require me to have my guns unloaded & locked up while I'm there. Personally , I figure they don't want me to spend my money there, so I just avoid going to those states.
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #22

As for carding a gun in Calif. I was to understand that it depends on what you are doing. When driving the gun has to be unloaded with either the gun or the shells not in the same location. The gun can be inside the RV and the shells in the basement. When parked the RV is now your domicile and the gun can then be loaded just like in your home. Don't know about firearms in a federal park that is a whole different can of worms. Hope this helps
Mike
2006 Inspire
mlgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #23

Been fulltime for 5yrs. and have a few firearms. As we travel around the country I like to find shooting ranges to go to. The only time we haven't had protection was our Alaska trip in 2012. We stored them at a campground where we stayed just before crossing the Canadian border. I certainly don't advertise that we have them. I've seen RV's with NRA stickers, or 2nd Amendment rights bumper stickers. All that does is send up a red flag.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ther is an app Legal Heat for the iPhone. It will give the user the current law for all states. It will display what states honor your state's permit. The app is free. And it automatically updates when you select a state to the current laws.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #25

Yep, I have it.
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniscw View Post
Ther is an app Legal Heat for the iPhone. It will give the user the current law for all states. It will display what states honor your state's permit. The app is free. And it automatically updates when you select a state to the current laws.
Legal Heat is 99 cents. must have been successful enough to charge for
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:32 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
"Don't ask, don't tell."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
........ Keep them out or reach and unloaded if driving a toad and if driving an rv keep them well away from the driver area. No one will ask if you are packing.
Being a long time CCW carrier, the above two quotes are the best advice I've seen on this subject. No matter how often I travel to a location, I check with
Handgunlaw.us , before I leave Nevada. I have it bookmarked on the laptop.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote