Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToWine View Post
UPDATE:
BTW, a Host can cancel on you after you have already made your route and other details. We had made the reservations a few weeks in advance. This was very upsetting and we could have become lifelong customers too. (Wine Club) So, we are having second thoughts about the membership and the integrity thereof.
If a single instance causes you to reject a membership, you should probably not join any organization. Stuff happens that is beyond everyone's control. We have stayed in HH sites all over the U.S. and Canada and have never had a problem. There have been a few that did not have space. That has happened more often with campgrounds, including ones we had reservations for. You just need to get over it and move on. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2019, 11:19 AM   #16

Chuck- Did I say that a single incident would cause us to not renew?

This was a comment that contributed to someone's request to elaborate on a question. I thought that was the purpose of these forums.

And since you do not know me- I will fill you in: I have let go of experiences beyond your imagination. And I know how to sift through factors to make decisions.

And yes, we have had many very positive HH experiences as well.
LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToWine View Post
Chuck- Did I say that a single incident would cause us to not renew?
Umm, that's what you implied when you said, your words..."We had made the reservations a few weeks in advance. This was very upsetting and we could have become lifelong customers too. (Wine Club) So, we are having second thoughts about the membership and the integrity thereof." Don't know what else to make of the statement. If I am wrong, maybe someone can correct me. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
Umm, that's what you implied when you said, your words..."We had made the reservations a few weeks in advance. This was very upsetting and we could have become lifelong customers too. (Wine Club) So, we are having second thoughts about the membership and the integrity thereof." Don't know what else to make of the statement. If I am wrong, maybe someone can correct me. Chuck
That's how I read it, also.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:15 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #20

We joined and there are never any close to where we are travelling or going, paid extra for the golf package too. I doubt we will renew.
TheWoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:04 AM   #21

We like it and will most likely renew. It seems to me the more places you go the more opportunity you have to use it. We joined in May and have used it a few times, it has definitely paid for itself.

All the locations are unique, and all have their own sets of rules, none of which we were uncomfortable with. Each time we stayed it beat the tar out of staying in some huge parking lot alongside the interstate.

We donít go in with the mentality that weíre going to a RV Park. Rather we look at it like they are allowing us to park in their parking lot for the evening.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #22

You'd get more use out of it if you're the type to travel off the interstates. Many of these places are in beautiful countrysides.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote