Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Heading to Southern California

First timers . We have a 36 foot class A with a toad. Trying to get around 50 miles or so from LA to visit with our son this January. Suggestions more than welcome. We do have a pet with us. Looking for something reasonable. Thank you.
UpNorth Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #2

LA is a pretty big place, not many rv parks and they are not reasonable. There is Walnut RV in Northridge, small but nice. There's one in Van Nuys that was named Birmingham, but has changed names, it's right by the Van Nuys airport and not nice. There is one in Long Beach. I've seen ads for Dockweiler Beach RV Park (not the state park), it's an LA county park and is listed under Playa Del Rey on rvparkreviews. There's a KOA at the Fairplex in Pomona. Look at www.campgroundreviews.com for reviews by city. Good luck
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #3

bplait0715_

Where abouts are you going? We frequent so cal and have dogs...many nice places reasonable.....
bplait0715_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplait0715_ View Post
Where abouts are you going? We frequent so cal and have dogs...many nice places reasonable.....
My son lives is Beverly Hills ( student ) and we were trying to be within a reasonable distance for our toed. We were thinking about a week or two in that area and then off to Palm Springs to visit friends. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #5

[QUOTE="missourijan;1772558"]LA is a pretty big place, not many rv parks and they are not reasonable. There is Walnut RV in Northridge, small but nice. There's one in Van Nuys that was named Birmingham, but has changed names, it's right by the Van Nuys airport and not nice. There is one in Long Beach. I've seen ads for Dockweiler Beach RV Park (not the state park), it's an LA county park and is listed under Playa Del Rey on rvparkreviews. There's a KOA at the Fairplex in Pomona. Look at www.campgroundreviews.com for reviews by city. Good luck[/QUOTE

Thank you, we will check out the reviews.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #6

Try the nice park just off the I-5 at six flags - can't remember the name. There's another recent thread on so-cal/la parks that just started this weekend. There's also a KOA off the 14 in Canyon Country
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Valencia Travel Village at the Castaic junction of I-5 and Hwy 126. It is 35 miles from Beverly Hills. It might meet your needs. We have stayed there several times.

Valencia Travel Village

When you leave there take the I-5 South and connect with the I-210 over to the I-10 to get to Palm Springs.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Valencia Travel Village at the Castaic junction of I-5 and Hwy 126. It is 35 miles from Beverly Hills. It might meet your needs. We have stayed there several times. Valencia Travel Village When you leave there take the I-5 South and connect with the I-210 over to the I-10 to get to Palm Springs.
Thank you very much. We will defiantly look into their site info.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 View Post
Try the nice park just off the I-5 at six flags - can't remember the name. There's another recent thread on so-cal/la parks that just started this weekend. There's also a KOA off the 14 in Canyon Country
Thank you very much.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #10

Another option might be Golden Shores in Long Beach. Not sure the time of day you might be planning to commute into Beverly Hills, but the traffic in/out of Santa Clarita can be brutal. Traffic may not be much better in/out of Long Beach, but there may be more alternative routes via surface streets.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Take a look at Malibu RV Park. Million dollar views and a nice drive down PCH to Sunset Blvd which would get you to Beverly Hills. Park has great reviews too. Golden Shores in Log Beach is great too, but the 405 FWY is terrible. They call it the 405 because it takes 4 or 5 hrs to get there!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #12

Also look into Puddngstone Lake in San Dimas
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
Also look into Puddngstone Lake in San Dimas
Wow, haven't heard anyone but a local call it Puddingstone
I had a lot of fun there as a youngster

Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park
Gandalara is offline   Reply With Quote