Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #1

I need a cg close to Busch and within easy walking distance to beach,full hookups and able to handle 37 ft quad slide.
Are the beaches nicer on Gulf than east coast?
Tammy

98 Dodge diesel,24 valve turbo w Banks Power
tammyinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #2

I need a cg close to Busch and within easy walking distance to beach,full hookups and able to handle 37 ft quad slide.
Are the beaches nicer on Gulf than east coast?
Tammy

Old 02-03-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Depending on when you're going, you can always try DeSoto State Park.

This campground is as close to being in a Florida Keys type environment as I have ever seen. Truely wonderful campsites directly on the ocean, smack in the middle of Tampa Bay.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:23 AM   #4

I checked out Desoto CG, but unless I am wrong, they didnt have full hookups.
Tammy

Old 02-04-2005, 03:25 AM   #5

Forgot to mention we are planning this trip in June.

Old 02-07-2005, 03:10 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry, but there are NO campgrounds close to the beach. I live in VA Beach and Busch Gardens is about 60 miles away. There are several campgrounds in the Williamsburg area that you could stay at, but again they will not be close to the beach. Here in VA Beach there is a Holiday Travel Park that offers a parking area for it's guests at the boardwalk so you can walk to the beach from there. If you are coming in June I suggest you call now for a reservation. You would have to drive to Busch Gardens (about an hour and 15 min).
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:04 AM   #7

Sorry for not making myself clear. Forgot about the one in VA.I am interested in the one in Fl.I finally got a decision form my so and his wife and 2 yr old last night, and they tell me they are camping with us and whant to be able to go to disney during 2 days of our stay. So now i need to find cg on gulf(because daughter heard these had white sand,clear water,and shelling and east coast didnt)but hopefully wouldnt be over a 2 hr drive to disney.Anyone got ideas?

Old 02-08-2005, 05:46 AM   #8

If, and I do mean IF, there are any available sites try Fort Wilderness in WDW. There is a beach there, along with access to all of the Disney adventures. If not try Tropical Palms, no beach but very nice CG. If you want the ocean try any of the CGs along the east coast from Daytona to Melbourne. Try Outdoor Resorts in Melbourne ... have their own beach access across the road.
BTW if you call Fort Wilderness make sure you let them know you have a large rig with multiple slides as most of their sites are narrow but I understand they just put in some larger sites for the 'big rigs'

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 03:37 AM   #9

The only campground you will find that is an easy walk ( right across the street) to the beach and be near Busch Gardens, FL is Indian Rocks Beach RV Resort. 601 Gulf Boulevard, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785 727-596-7743. Full hook ups. We have camped there many times because of the location. Campgrounds is not pretty, but has a very nice fairly new swimming pool and laundry and again the LOCATION is GREAT! Gravel sites. And if you don't want to drive anywhere you can just take the beach tolley. I am sure it won't be long and some developer will offer them lots of $$ for the property for condos, because of the location. We will be staying at Fort DeSoto for a couple nights in March (our first time there) when our daughter and Grandaughter visit. Even though it is not full hook ups, it is beautiful there and they have a web site. HOW EVER, they say no swimming at the campsites.

We have stayed at Fort Wilderness many times and love that too.

Feel free to e-mail (mpete2306@aol.com) us if we can answer anything else about the area for you.
Happy Camping,
Maryle and Lon