Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 AM   #1

MY wife and I have reservations at the Jellystone Campground which used to be the Hidden Valley Campground in MArion NC. for the first week in October.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed there and what was your impression of the campground?

Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 AM   #2

MY wife and I have reservations at the Jellystone Campground which used to be the Hidden Valley Campground in MArion NC. for the first week in October.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed there and what was your impression of the campground?

Old 09-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We have overnighted there 2 times. Once in 1996 and again in 1998. From what I remember it had a nice lake with boats, but I don't remember much more. We were on the way to Nashville TN the first time and Pigeon Fordge TN the next time.

Bill
Old 09-23-2006, 01:57 AM   #4

I'm sure you will enjoy your visit. We haven't stayed at Hidden Valley before but we can tell you that Mountain Stream in Marion is one of the prettiest and most charming campgrounds we have ever stayed at. And on the weekends (I think it is Friday nights) they have entertainment free for everyone.
Sundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:12 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply's .
We have stayed at Mountain Stream before and agree that it's a great campground. We will be in a 38 ft motorhome pulling a 22ft trailer that we didn't want to disconnect so we're going to try Jellystone, formally Hidden Valley . They have pull throughs that they say are long enough for us to do this .

Old 10-17-2006, 05:11 AM   #6

Update:

My wife and I stayed the week October 2nd - 7th. We really liked the campground,we had one of the pull thru sites up on the hill. Met the owners ,very nice people that went out of there way to we enjoyed our stay. While we were there it was very quite but I would imagine during the summer when the pool and flume ride is open it's probably pretty busy.The sites next to the lake were very nice , if we didn't have the trailer with us I would have asked for one of those sites.