Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2019, 07:29 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort

Anyone happen to have a lot in this campground? The wife and I are going down to take a look at a couple of lots on the front side of the Perry Rally. Going to stay 5 nights and wonder if anyone has any insight before we go.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #2

I bought a lot there about 9 months ago. Its a nice place and real estate all over the island is going up. I watch the sales on the county website as well. Sales have slowed in the winter so its a good time to buy, the sales history shows more lots sell in warmer months.
Otherwise its a beautiful resort with many attractions just walking distance away.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:26 AM   #3

That looks civilized.... I happen to be passing through that port of the world on the way to Dinney with a few nights to kill. Website shows wide open. Does it make a difference for you if I rent yours? Or you don't rent it?
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
That looks civilized.... I happen to be passing through that port of the world on the way to Dinney with a few nights to kill. Website shows wide open. Does it make a difference for you if I rent yours? Or you don't rent it?
We would get a portion of your rental income, which we use to pay our HOA fees. You can see my lot on their website, its #299. Rent it if it suits you, you may find others you like better however.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:36 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Nice Lot FreightGuy. I assume you are happy with your decision. When you mention you watch the sales on the county website, will there be more lots available that way vs the resort website and the lots available on that? We are interested in finding out what the extra cost will be outside the lot itself. Anxious to get to the resort and relax.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
Nice Lot FreightGuy. I assume you are happy with your decision. When you mention you watch the sales on the county website, will there be more lots available that way vs the resort website and the lots available on that? We are interested in finding out what the extra cost will be outside the lot itself. Anxious to get to the resort and relax.
Yes very happy. The county website just shows you what sold in the time frame you tell it to look at. What I notice is that whatever the lot is listed for on the resort website, it will usually sell a few thousand less. There are some sales by owners but you need to be there and talk to people to find them. The cost outside of the purchase price is the HOA fees that are about $600 per quarter and the taxes. For my lot the taxes were about $500 last year. But I do notice that some pay more. I dont know why. And of course any upgrades you may want to do cost you.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:17 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We stayed there about 5 years ago and negotiated but did not but a lot. Very nice park and people, but it was too early in our RV career to commit on a lot that far away from TX. Plus it is really hot there in summertime, and not much different from TX in winter. I flew out of Beaufort for a year, years ago so am familiar with the climate. Nice management and clientele, and a number of lots to choose from. If it is close to home for you, and you love golf, it would be a good resort for you.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:43 PM   #8

FIY, make sure you get here before 6pm. There is no late check in procedure and they don't want maneuvering after dark. (Which is OK if you're a resident.... peace and quiet in the dark).....

Spending the night in the holding pen with 30A..... Move to spot in AM. From what I can see it looks nice.
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a reservation there in July and we are currently looking into buying a lot if the right deal comes along.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
My wife and I are debating buying a lot there. We are in our early 40's and are hoping to get lot, put it in the rental pool and own it once it comes time to retire in 10 or 15 years. Are you folks that are renting it covering your expenses and then some or just covering the expenses. Looks to be about 3k a year between taxes, and HOA fees. Curious to see everyone's thoughts who own one.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:44 AM   #11

Both the Marina site and the Class A MH site are great - BUT - it is pretty Hot and Sticky in the Summer (JMHO) so for us it is a Great winter location.

We stayed 3-4 times 20 years ago but then we discovered the Rockies - Love the Ocean - BUT - Love the Rockies in the Summer - Hard to beat a Place with Sun over 300 days a Year and no Humidity

Home - Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort

https://www.hiltonheadharbor.com/

Great places to spend the Winter and Play Golf.

Best of Luck,

note here - we liked it so much we almost bought a lot for $12,000 in 2005.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
My wife and I are debating buying a lot there. We are in our early 40's and are hoping to get lot, put it in the rental pool and own it once it comes time to retire in 10 or 15 years. Are you folks that are renting it covering your expenses and then some or just covering the expenses. Looks to be about 3k a year between taxes, and HOA fees. Curious to see everyone's thoughts who own one.
Just something to think about..... a LOT can change in 10-15 years. By retirement you may want to travel and explore different areas and perhaps even find something else and newer. You'd get a better return on your money by investing it.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote