Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2018, 06:45 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hilton Head RV Resorts, looking for opinions

We are selling our house on Smith Mountain Lake and are just pondering our next steps. We plan to head somewhat south of VA in January and are thinking of stopping for a few days on Hilton Head. We may entertain the idea of buying a lot (slim chance I think but will consider). I've browsed both Hilton Head Harbor and Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort sites and both look nice and have lots that don't seem ridiculously expensive.

Just looking for feedback from any who either regularly go to either of these places or own sites at either.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
We are selling our house on Smith Mountain Lake and are just pondering our next steps. We plan to head somewhat south of VA in January and are thinking of stopping for a few days on Hilton Head. We may entertain the idea of buying a lot (slim chance I think but will consider). I've browsed both Hilton Head Harbor and Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort sites and both look nice and have lots that don't seem ridiculously expensive.

Just looking for feedback from any who either regularly go to either of these places or own sites at either.
We've stayed at both - very different - Trees shade, small lake, all MotorHomes Vs Intercoastal, Great Restaurant and a little more air. Both are nice just distinctively different. (My pic is from HHMCR on the lake)

I'm not a fan of HH in the Summer just way to Sticky but it's fun in the Winter, if I were you I'd get a week at each one to see if one Grows on You.

If a spot in the area is what you are after - search a little as I think there are more than just those two (25-50 miles)

Best of Luck,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Robontheroad
HH motorcoach resort is very close to the beach, the other one is not, if that makes a difference to you.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 PM   #4

We are very partial to Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort. It's easy access by car to most of the island and the bike paths are nearby to the resort. We were there in May and one of the lot owners was telling us that they had purchased their lot for $50,000 five years earlier and they just sold it for $95,000. We have seen the prices rise dramatically over the last few years.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post

I like HH Harbor Resort. Right at the water...I love watching the boats on the ICW. We used to own a place on HH so we know it pretty well. Just our preference. I’m sure either is good and they aren’t outrageously expensive.
kathysisler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:57 PM   #6

We like HHMR because we can bike or walk to many restaurants and the supermarket. A little too far to walk to beach but fine by bike.