Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #1

I need information on campgrounds in this area. We would like to stay around Berlin or Millersburg. Any information would be appreciated. We plan to be there Oct 24 for 4 days.
Thank you,
Indiana Journey
indiana journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #2

I need information on campgrounds in this area. We would like to stay around Berlin or Millersburg. Any information would be appreciated. We plan to be there Oct 24 for 4 days.
Thank you,
Indiana Journey
Old 10-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
paz

We always stay at Scenic Hills RV Park in Berlin. Their mailing address is Millersburg (Berlin doesn't have its own post office), but they are located right outside the downtown area of Berlin with easy access to everything. They have free fire wood and free Wi-fi.

Scenic Hills has full hook-ups and no shower or bath house - they are for self-contained RVs only. The park is run by a real nice Mennonite couple.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Another vote for Scenic Hills....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
indiana journey-

The previous posts are correct. If ya want to be in Berlin/Millersburg, then Scenic Hills is the only game in town.

They are definitely a no amenities park... no shade (great for satellite reception), no activities, a few sites with grass (many sites are all gravel), although the do have WiFi.

But if all you are needing is a base camp from which to visit the area, then this will put you in the heart of it all.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #6

another vote for Scenic Hills...the picture with my post was taken at their CG. It'. s a very nice but bacic park. It's located on top of a hill in the heart of Amish Country. Enjoy.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #7

I just wanted to thank everyone for their information. I made reservations at Scenic Hills this morning. I am looking forward to it.
Again, thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:53 AM   #8
paz

Be sure to check out the Holmes County Flea Market (open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) in Walnut Creek and Lehman's Store in Kidron. I also recommend the breakfast buffet at Der Dutchman (also in Walnut Creek).

Have fun.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #9

We just returned from our trip to Holmes county Ohio. Had a great time. We did not, however, stay at Scenic Hills. Mary told us to pick out a site upon our arrival. When we arrived we drove around the campground before checking in. No signs that you could see saying to check in first. When my husband went in to tell Mary, she really talked to him like a child saying not to drive in the campground without checking in first. Her people skills really need to be improved upon. Anyway, we left and found Amish Country Campground near Winesburg. Loved the flea market, breakfast at Der Dutchman and shopping and driving around the countryside.
thanks everyone for their suggestions
Old 10-31-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
paz

indiana journey, sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience at Scenic Hills. We have always found Mary to be friendly enough, although somewhat reserved.

Well, the important thing is you still had a good time and didn't let the unpleasant experience ruin your trip.