Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2020, 06:55 AM   #15

here you go -- outside of Key West ---https://www.bluewaterkey.com/own-here/
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2020, 07:47 AM   #16

Do a search on: Facebook groups RV lots for sale or rent. There are quite a few including some that are park specific. When you find one in a park that looks promising, also call the park directly because they may have lots for sale in the park as well. That was how we found the one we bought.
You will find that some places are ridiculously expensive, while others are fairly priced and still very nice. Visit the park, talk to some owners, and spend a few days looking at the surrounding area before you buy.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:53 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
own a space in SoCal. What a PIA... between the hoa and park management visiting there is nothing but trouble. at least 60% of the spaces have been converted to park models and those folks don't like RV's coming and going from the park. I have to check into my own deeded space and the office is only open 4 days per week 6 hours per day. Yet it is a RV park. Most of the folks are in their 70's plus.... one old guy who use to help out doing repairs got visited by the state'ys because he was spraying weeds with the homeowners weed spray. Told he couldn't do business in the park. State'ys were upset because they couldn't site him because he wasn't in business and wasn't taking money. Gave him a firm warning that he couldn't use weed killer.... Really upset the 80 year old park model resident who lived there..

It just goes on and on. A lot of canadian snow birds, so during the winter, there are plenty of activities because they are on the board of the HOA that they attend meetings only half the time. Money is collected and stored but not spent. The keep raising the fee's to pay the management group more and more, meanwhile there are millions squirreled away. Subleting the spaces has become a huge hassle, now no less than 30 days, huh???

If I were you, skip any parks with HOA's, talk to a bunch of neighbors before you get serious or you will get caught in one of these HOA traps.

I call it the coffin park because the park models look like huge coffins and most who own them die in them. then their families try to sell them, another big joke. Now you have to use a RE agent to sell you RV and go through a title company, the families are so shocked at the 10% RE fee and the 2.5% title company fee. Figure to get about 50 cents on the dollar back from any investment.

Not trying to discourage you, but make sure you have a bundle of bucks and can afford to take a huge loss. Remember, you are still responsible for your space and park maintainance even through you are not there. Most HOA's can and will charge you for any larger park repairs.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #18

Some may be interested in high dollar lots, but they are not for me.

I'm only interested in cheap lots in the country ($1500.00 range).
Camper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:17 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper25 View Post
Do you want a city lot or a lot in the country? What state?

I know of several small RV lots with no restrictions for sale in a southern state. The price is low.... no credit check, low monthly payments and a power line is nearby. They are in the country with no restrictions.
Can you share what southern states where these small RV lots with no restrictions are for sale?

Thanks!
rosebud1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:08 PM   #20

I will send you a pm. thanks
Camper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:13 AM   #21

Lonfu,
Sorry you got stuck, but that is why I said to visit the park, talk to owners and check out the surrounding area.
The park we chose allows class A's and 5'rs only. There is no age restriction on rigs, but even the older ones here are well maintained and look nice. There are reasonable limits on landscaping, shed size and a patio. No storage under rigs and no fencing allowed. There is not a rig here that can't be moved on short notice are there are no restrictions on coming or going if you own your lot. The common grounds are well maintained and all lots are mowed by the park.
I do realize that we found a gem in a feild of rocks. You have to do your homework and know what you are getting into.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:35 PM   #22

Me, Camper25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper25 View Post
Do you want a city lot or a lot in the country? What state?

I know of several small RV lots with no restrictions for sale in a southern state. The price is low.... no credit check, low monthly payments and a power line is nearby. They are in the country with no restrictions.

I'm interested too Camper25. Could you please send me info.
QuitaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:12 AM   #23

After I received the fine print from the realtor, I saw this place was not for me..... still looking.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:11 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleplay View Post
Does anybody knows a specific web site or place to get info about lots for sale?
Thanks
Try Zillow.com.

We were looking for a new S&B home awhile back in an area that has an RV park where lots were privately owned.

I was surprised how many "lots" were for sale in the park.....

Just enter the town or zip code you want to look into and see what shows up..

Good luck,

g

Tags
for sale, sale