Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2007, 05:54 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have not visited Idaho yet and think we might like to spend the summer there. The few places I have checked had prices that are similar to the NE - $1200 per season, $400 or more per month.

During our winter stays in AZ and South TX we pay $140 and $160 per month respectively. Electricity is extra in both cases.

Are there any RV parks in Idaho with similar pricing or at least in the $230 or $250 per month range?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2007, 05:54 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have not visited Idaho yet and think we might like to spend the summer there. The few places I have checked had prices that are similar to the NE - $1200 per season, $400 or more per month.

During our winter stays in AZ and South TX we pay $140 and $160 per month respectively. Electricity is extra in both cases.

Are there any RV parks in Idaho with similar pricing or at least in the $230 or $250 per month range?
Old 02-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Clay,
Try here:
Neat Retreat RV Park
Boise Meridian RV Resort
Hi Valley RV Park
Chalet RV Park
Ambassador RV Resort
Wagonhammer RV Park & Campground

Some of these suggestions are priced like what you need. Some are a bit higher.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Gary!!
It looks like the farther north the higher the price.
Must be cooler up there.

Have to check the ave temp around Boise and see if it's cool enough for us..
Old 02-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Clay,
What area of Idaho are you interested? I live in Meridian, ID and drive past the Boise/Meridian RV Resort daily. It's within walking distance of several restaurants, fast food joints, and Home Depot. About 8 miles via Interstat 84 to Boise. It has level spots, small trees, and big rig friendly. I have never been to Chalet RV but have driven highway 55 from Boise to Donnely many times and it is a winding uphill road (narrow in spots) and everyone is in a hurry. I won't drive this road with my 1996 34' Vectra, I would use highway 95 through Council and then back down to Donnelly. Hi Valley is in Eagle and easy drive to downtown Eagle and Boise. I've driven past it and it seems to be located in a residental area.
I'm not sure if you are interested in staying in one spot for your entire visit or if you would like to visit the entire State. Idaho has very different areas; mountains, desert, lava flow area, etc. Try the following website for info: www.rv-clubs.us/idaho_rv_campgrounds

If I can be of any help just contact me. My Wife and I have stayed at many of the State campgrounds.

Ron
Old 02-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What area of Idaho are you interested? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We were thinking about the northern part because we thought it might be cooler. At this point we are planning on pretty well staying put in one or two places and making day trips out.
I saved your message for reference. The Boise Meridian RV park looks pretty good.

Clay
Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I thought I would post an update on us and Idaho. Just before we left South Texas we got a call from the Lake Cascade State Park and after a phone interview we were accepted as camp hosts for the summer. We have been here - about 75 miles north of Boise - for a couple of weeks.

It's a beautiful area and the duties are not demanding. About 70% of our job is answering questions and explaining rules. The Rangers enforce the rules so that's not our problem.
There are contact people that clean the bathrooms, mow and so forth.
It looks like it's going to be an enjoyable summer.