Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #1

Idaho Increase fees for out of State?

https://www.krem.com/mobile/article/...1-1c7705263f5c
olys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2021, 04:15 AM   #2

Army Corp in Tioga Hammond Lakes charges $40/night. (Seniors with National Park Pass $20) For full hookups&sewer ( IVES RUN CG )

Been that way for a few years.
Back in 1999 it was $18/ night for electric and water only.

So I think state parks just need to catch up.
If I was running a state I would crank up fees for out of state residents too.
If I was going to another state I would just pay and enjoy. But it better be a good state park like Ives Run Campground Army Corp sites in its Hawthorn loop. I would NOT pay $65 for a crummy dirt site that’s not evel and no hookups. I’ll let the tent people have that one.

My guess all the states will be doing the increases. Probably the Army Corp too. It’s been a while since the last increase
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:53 AM   #3

When we volunteered in Michigan at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in the Fall we would call the neighboring RV parks to see what their new price would be in the Spring and we'd adjust accordingly depending on type of campsite.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:45 AM   #4

It's always easier for government officials to increase fees and taxes on folks who can't vote against them.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:52 AM   #5

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-16-2021, 07:07 AM   #6

State residents already support state parks through their taxes and in FL its difficult for residents to even find a campsite in the winter. I'd like to see non residents be charged double or even tripple the resident fees. I'd also like to see the 11 month out reservation window shortened to 30 days. There are just too many people tieing up sites and not showing up, but not canceling either.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:53 AM   #7
laj

Agree completely. Would like to go one better. As you stated residents are already paying taxes more then the fees, so why not let them be able to reserve 4 months in advance, and the outsiders get 30 days prior, and the foreigners 5 days since they pay almost nothing and plug it all up

Have the same issue in my state.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Agree completely. Would like to go one better. As you stated residents are already paying taxes more then the fees, so why not let them be able to reserve 4 months in advance, and the outsiders get 30 days prior, and the foreigners 5 days since they pay almost nothing and plug it all up

Have the same issue in my state.

AGREE
Old 06-25-2021, 09:21 AM   #9

I'm an out of stater (Calif) who has used Idaho campgrounds, and I am in favor of increasing fees on people like me. Why should Idaho taxpayers subsidize my recreational choices?

Obviously, if Idaho starts charging a hundred bucks a night for Californians, that's not a fee -- it's a prohibition. And it might be unconstitutional to simply exclude non-residents.

But assuming the extra fee is "reasonable," (whatever that means), I would be glad to pay it in exchange for visiting a campground that the Idaho folks have paid for.

And if you have ever been to Idaho (Sawtooths, I'm lookin' at YOU), you already know it's worth every penny.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:26 AM   #10

For example -- what is this worth? That's the Salmon River flowing past our campsite:

Click For Full-Size Image.