Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Info Needed: Nice Virginia Campgrounds

Any highly places in Virginia to spend Columbus day weekend?
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #2

While I have not stayed there...just visited the lake...Lake Witten in Tazewell County is very nice. About a dozen full hookups that overlook the lake. Walking paths around the lake and fishing if you are so inclined. Very close to the 19/460 with very easy access to I-77 and I-81. Some very pretty country. Couple nice side trips from there to Pocahantas Exhibition Coal Mine, the new arts center in Abingdon VA. Pipestem Park in WV is about an hour away as is Breaks Interstate Park.
2912N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #3

Try checking out campgroundreviews.com. Type in the state you are going to be visiting and they will have many reviews of parks within the state. They also have a real nice forum too.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #4

Staunton - Walnut Hills KOA is very nice - large park, lake, pool in the Shenandoah Valley. Cable, WiFi, some deluxe sites up on hill.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
ljr

Depends a lot on your interests. I stop at Hungry Mother State Park near Marion on my way north from snow birding every year largely because I like the hiking trails ....but that's just me.
ljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
Foz

What do you want to see?

Stauton KOA is nice. Another nice family campground located in Verona.

Shenandoah Crossing in Gordonsville, VA

A couple near the caverns along the West side of Blueridge mountains.

Not much on Northern VA near DC......but I don't like that area.

You can also try Shenandoah National Park.......beautiful views, changing of leaves, but very busy that time of year.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the ideas. I think we would like area of Blue Ridge Parkway. Looks like many places are booked already for Columbus Day Weekend.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote