Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Looking for reviews/opinions on Pine Ridge RV Campground (just outside of Frankenmuth, MI).

Nothing posted in iRV2's review section, but it does have really good reviews on that other site.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2009, 04:14 AM   #2

We have not been there since 2002 and it was ok then. The sites and roads were gravel and a little dusty.
Tom and Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We have stayed at both Pine Ridge (a coupla miles south of Frankenmuth) and the Jellystone park in Frankenmuth. Both have full hookups. The Pine Ridge was a very nice park but I dont remember if they had cable or wifi. The Jellystone park has all the amenities but it is also a lot more expensive. The lot sizes at Jellystone are very narrow towards the front of the park. It can get very crowded in the summer and unless you call ahead you mite get a lot in the front where your slide out mite be almost kissing your neighbors slide out. If you have kids the Jellystone mite be preferable, if not Pine ridge is a better choice. Pine ridge is maby 5-10 minutes drive from Frankenmuth but it is also very close to the Birch Run discount mall. And dont forget a visit to "Tony's". This resturant gives you a LOT of food. Almost a pound of bacon (although its deep fried)with a brekfast meal.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #4

I was at both last year. There was a rally at Jellystone that we attended. My main complaint was that I could not put out my awning because it would hit the MH parked next door to me and I was at the rear of the CG. Those are small sites designed before slides were thought of and not updated. Pine Ridge has gravel roads but we have never had a problem with dust while there. The sites are very large and about 2/3 the price of Jellystone. Try a banana split at Tony's but make sure you get enough spoons for the whole table. They start with 1/2 gal. of ice cream and add from there. Bronner's will take a day to go through. We like the bakery and everything else at Zehnder's restaurant. There is a small difference between Zehnder's and Bavarian Inn but Zehnder's will give you a coupon for their bakery downstairs with a meal and they have the best bakery. Kern's for summer sausage and then go up on Junction Road & West to Bernthal's market for any meat you may need. We love the town and go quite often.