Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2018, 06:35 AM   #1

Jude Travel Park New Orleans

Has anyone been there or do you have a favorite rv spot in New Orleans in January. Their website isn't very informative and the pictures are pretty old.
Dhoman46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #2

We have used the Ponchartrain Landing RV Campground a couple of times and like it. Gravel pads and roads, restaurant and bar onsite, quiet and well maintained. A cheap Uber ride to the Quarter if you don’t want the hassle of driving and parking. We recommend it.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:08 AM   #3

I just looked at Ponchatrain landing to and it looks better. I did notice a few under passes getting there on goggle maps. We are 13 ft. 3 inches tall. Does that pose a problem getting there?
Old 01-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
i would not recommend Jude because of location. I am not familiar with the park, but the area is bad.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoman46 View Post
Has anyone been there or do you have a favorite rv spot in New Orleans in January. Their website isn't very informative and the pictures are pretty old.
Do you have Google earth? I use that a lot to look at camp grounds I haven't been to before!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #6

I looked at goggle satellite view and Jude area don't look to great and that's why I'm asking. We stayed at French Quarter rv Resort before but they are at $108 which is pretty high. Thats why we are looking for alternatives.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:40 AM   #7

May be better off staying outside the city and driving in. That's what we did the last time.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #8

Another vote for Ponchatrain Landing. They have (or at least had) a shuttle to the French Quarter. Their website should highlight it if still exists. I would not try to park downtown - expensive, hard to find a spot and never left the car in a place that felt safe - if you get my drift. Did not have a problem, just a feeling.

My GPS routed me around any low bridges. I don't remember seeing any, but there could be. We were routed so we came in the back way - so maybe. On-site food and drinks a nice touch - only used once in a week, but nice.
X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #9

Don't miss the WW2 museum! A friend told me its fantastic!
Old 01-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoman46 View Post
I just looked at Ponchatrain landing to and it looks better. I did notice a few under passes getting there on goggle maps. We are 13 ft. 3 inches tall. Does that pose a problem getting there?

No, you won’t have a problem with underpasses. Lots of really big rigs stay there. And yes, there is a shuttle from Ponchartrain to the Quarter, but we just Ubered on our own schedule. Just so you are aware, when you head north to the campground on France Road you go by a lot of run down commercial properties and the road is not all that great. I know the first time we were wondering what we were getting ourselves into, but have faith. The campground is very nice. LOL. There is a Walmart just a few miles away, also a Rouses grocery store.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #11

X2 on Ponchartrain Landing. We stayed there last year and was a great location. If you're a Passport America member the rate is very reasonable. Enjoy your visit.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
We have stayed at Jude Travel Park on two occasions. While it is away form down town it has quick and simple access to down town. The park is in a secured area. The owners are very friendly, information on the area and helpful in providing navigation instruction of the city and attractions. We would stay again.

Make sure you visit the WWII Museum. Plan on a full day or more. One of the best Museums we have toured. Also visit Central Grocery and Deli on 923 Decatur St and have the Muffaletta sandwich; great local treat. Get there early because the line get long.

Safe Travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've stayed at Jude Travel Park twice. Next time we go to NO we'll stay there again. Owners are great. Location is secure. It's grass and gravel but sites are level. It's not a resort but still a nice place to park and stay for visiting the area. Full hook ups and cable.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:35 PM   #14

Another "thumbs up" for Jude! Not fancy, but worked fine for us. Like others said, owners were very helpful! They shuttled us into the City, told us where to/not to wander, etc. Actually didn't find NOLO that great. Would use the park again, but no interest in going back to the city. Got tired of getting pan-handled and stepping over drunks to go in places. Not for us... we'll go elsewhere. ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel