Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Just got this email, seems like a no brainer

I'm sure a lot of you also got this email. Since we full time it seems like a very good deal. I've only done a little research but I'm sure the campgrounds very on how nice they are but from what I've seen in my short search, many are totally acceptable. And they fact that there are weekend restrictions won't bother us much.

Anything I'm missing here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	280753  
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2020, 09:32 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
I'm sure a lot of you also got this email. Since we full time it seems like a very good deal. I've only done a little research but I'm sure the campgrounds very on how nice they are but from what I've seen in my short search, many are totally acceptable. And they fact that there are weekend restrictions won't bother us much.

Anything I'm missing here?
I didn't get the email and just went to their website, found no mention of it.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:19 AM   #3

I got it.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We are already lifetime members but that looks like a heck of a deal. Roughly half price for five years. Now if we could just get out to use our memberships.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
We are already lifetime members but that looks like a heck of a deal. Roughly half price for five years. Now if we could just get out to use our memberships.
Okay, I know nothing about Passport America, but I am confused by the ad.

My first reaction was as yours, you get 5 years total. However, a little deeper reading makes me wonder if it actually means that you get 2 out of the 3 years years free at the slashed price. In short, you buy 1 year at the price listed, and get 2 more years added to it.

Anyone know for certain?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:59 AM   #6

It is a bit vague. It leaves a lot up to interpretation. Whoever does their ads, is not very good at what they do, let alone having a decent command of the English language.
LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #7

Regular price: $44/year; 5 yr. $220 so yes, this is a good deal!!

We've used it at times and even if you don't use it often it pays for itself fast. It's a no-brainer. Go for it!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Not certain, but the summary at the bottom (if I understand 'Anglish') indicates 5 years ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FMCAPASS2Capture.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	280769  
Old 04-07-2020, 11:55 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
So overall is passport america a good outfit to join up with?
What are peoples thoughts?
Thinking about joining.
camper8251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Scott, I've been a member of PA since their inception. Usually 2 nights out pays for my annual membership.

If you go to the PA website you can browse the available campgrounds, sites, amenities, location and directions. Some are small; many are older so they aren't really big rig friendly, but I've run into that with some KOAs too; some are upper level resorts, etc. Since getting my big rig I have crossed out those that say they can only accommodate rigs 42' or less. For the others I am gradually looking at each one on Google Maps to determine ingress and egress as well as site situation and making notes for the ones I will be using.

I'm not full time so I normally use the PA CGs along my route for ON where boondocking is not readily available and at my destination, if available.

Hope this helps as you look into it.

Drive safe - Be Safe - Richard
Old 04-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Regular price: $44/year; 5 yr. $220 so yes, this is a good deal!!

We've used it at times and even if you don't use it often it pays for itself fast. It's a no-brainer. Go for it!
Got me, that is the same price
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #12

We always recover the membership plus save some

We might find one out of 10 stops where it fits or works but you only need a couple nights to be on the plus side
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:25 PM   #13

Campground owners may not be terribly welcoming to people using this, as it reduces their revenue without reducing the costs. One particular park owner would (upon first mention of PA) change where a coach would be situated, putting them closest to the road or other less-desirable site locations.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
Campground owners may not be terribly welcoming to people using this, as it reduces their revenue without reducing the costs. One particular park owner would (upon first mention of PA) change where a coach would be situated, putting them closest to the road or other less-desirable site locations.

First off.....can't use PA unless CG is an 'affiliate' and has agreed to honor PA.

True CG will place PA in less 'prime' sites.........BUT what do you expect when paying 'half price'?
Not going to get the 'prime' site.
But for half price you are going to get a FHU site and access to any amendities just like the full price payers.
You want the 'prime' site..then pay the full price.

We FTd for 7 yrs and used PA when it fit our needs. Half price off is 50% less which is SAVING $$$

As FTrs we also used C2C membership which we purchased via Resale (pennies on the dollar)
It allowed us 2 week stays at $10/15 night.....and we were placed in the less prime sites. But hey $10/15 night FHU is hard to beat.

SO Yes ...that PA 'deal' is a good investment provided you use it at least 2-3 times a year.
As with any 'membership program' you have to USE them to benefit from them
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems