Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #1

Kentucky

If you had a week to spend in Kentucky what would you see and where would you stay?

Thanks
Mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I like the Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge area of eastern KY, also the 'Land between the Lakes' area is quite nice. I've enjoyed many days at Cumberland Lake and Cumberland Falls, also, the falls are neat on a full moon night because of the resulting 'Moonbow' you can see in the mist of the falls. Horsey folks enjoy the KY Horse Park, the fascinating Shaker settlements near Lexington, the Bourbon Trail around Louisville, the Corvette Museum, and much more. It's all dependent and your interests.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #3

Bob pretty much said it all. I could add there are several cave systems you can tour like Mammoth Cave National Park in the west and Carter Caves in the east part of the state.

When are you coming to our state?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Been there, done that. We stayed at Elkhorn CG & spent a couple days visiting several distilleries on the Bourbon Trail. Then over to Cave Country RV CG & spent a couple days visiting Mammoth Cave & a couple other caves in the area. Took a day trip to the Corvette Museum. On the way home stayed at General Butler SP & just took in the area sites (trails, wineries, historic houses...etc).

I've got reviews of all the above CG's in the Campgrounds section here.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:14 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
In Louisville there is the Louisville Slugger museum and the Brown hotel. Get their famous "Hot Brown" sandwich - great! Don't forget to tour Churchill Downs.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:10 PM   #6

Corbin, Ky: Original Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant. Just because...
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:36 PM   #7

We are currently at Diamond Caverns RV Resort, just inside Mammoth Cave NP. Nice campground, in addition to all that is within the NP: lots of hiking trails, mountain bike/road cycling, in addition to the cave tours.
Serengeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #8

KY is a beautiful state I just drove through going Elkhart, IN to Nashville last Thurs. Want to come back and do the whole Bourbon trail, see some of the state Parks and some horse farms to name a few attractions. However, the two plus hour dead still stop on the interstate for construction I think I'm going to try to miss next trip. :beer:
Old 05-05-2015, 08:01 PM   #9

A 2nd on Mammoth Caves! Nice camp ground around it, and lots to do. Also close to Corvette Museum if that interests you.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
A 2nd on Mammoth Caves! Nice camp ground around it, and lots to do. Also close to Corvette Museum if that interests you.
Nolin Lake COE CG is nice if you love to fish or just enjoy the water. Many other COE parks but I mention this one because it is convenient to Mammoth Cave and the Corvette museum.

We will be at Nolin in about a month.
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #11

KY has real nice state parks. Lot of things to see there in KY, as Bob listed and others added to it. I lived there for about 10 years and it has a lot of sites to see.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:59 AM   #12

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Mike
Old 05-08-2015, 05:34 AM   #13

We are spending 2 weeks in Kentucky in July. First off going to the mother-in-laws. In southeastern Ky. Owsley county. In the middle of Daniel Boone national forest. Then going with wifes aunt and uncle to Cave run lake to camp for a few days. Then off to Pigeon forge for a few days. (kids staying with grandma). Then back to Ky pick up the kids and off to Mammoth cave and what ever else we want to see along the way.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:02 AM   #14

American Coach Owners Club
Off beaten path and not much to do for kids but I thought cruising by Ft. Knox was kind of neat and than visiting the George Patton museum was definitely worth the time.