Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Lake Morena Campground (San Diego County)

Wife and I just got back from 3 days at Lake Morena Campground. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the place. It is in the county park boundary but poor Lake Morena is so low, I'm not sure there is much to do and swimming is not permitted as it is a drinking water reservoir. But alas, it was so nice and peaceful, especially yesterday afternoon and evening after almost everyone had left and there were only 7 rigs left including us in the whole place. The site we had booked online (#27) turned out to have such a severe slope that I was nowhere near able to level the motorhome. I inquired at the ranger's booth about moving to a different spot and they were more than gracious and helpful on selecting a new spot. The majority of the full-hookup sites have a nice amount of room around them and it appears all pedestals have 15/30/50A sockets. All spaces have a fire ring and good sized picnic table. More than half of the sites are full-hookups, then there are water/electric only and some non-hookups. Nice neat place with lots of old age oak trees and black locust trees. Some spots have a lot of shade, others not as much or less just depends on the time of day. There isn't a whole lot to do around the area other than drive old hwy 94, visit the Campo railroad museum, some hiking and maybe some light fishing in the lake. There is a neighborhood next door but the cars that drive by and people there are very quiet and other than the occasional barking dog somewhere in the distance, no big deal. It was great to just sit under my awning and relax
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
campground