Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #1

Lake of Ozarks

Traveling from Colorado to lake of Ozarks
Wondering if there are any roads to avoid or difficult with an RV. 35 foot 2001 Tiffin allegro bay DP
And towing a Jeep.

As always- thank you for all the help
And thank you to all the vets for your service.
aaronwhite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2018, 06:45 PM   #2

You should not have problems. If you are coming in on I-70, US-63 south from Columbia is fine. If you are coming in on I-44 go north on Hwy 5 at Lebanon to US-54 and you are there. both routs are a mix of 4 lane and wide 2 lane with plenty of passing lanes.
miller806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #3

We have a seasonal site at the lake. Do you know where you will be staying?
Bloodyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #4

It would be helpful to know your destination. That's a very big area. Yes, there are some roads you might want to avoid when you start getting into the little roads going to the lake. The major highways are good though.

Memories of my well-intentioned sister-in-law who never RV'd.... she planned a family reunion with cabins and RV 'parking', not a campground. The narrow country road was o.k. until the very end going down a steep grade with a 'L' turn at the end. Down was o.k. really, but it was going up with our diesel truck pulling the 5th wheel when we thought "Oh, XXXX". That bottom section had us unable to get any momentum for the steep uphill. We made it but it was not a good feeling.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:47 AM   #5

Table Rick RV resort
It is in Arkansas
Old 05-31-2018, 04:51 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Lake of Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwhite17 View Post
Table Rick RV resort
It is in Arkansas

I know it was a typo but it’s Table Rock Lake.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:03 AM   #7

Table Rock Lake and Lake of the Ozarks are two entirely separate and distinct locations. If you are going to Table Rock Lake in the Branson area, I recommend you stay on the main highways. I-44 to Us 65 south to Branson is the way I would and do go. Some mapping software will sent you down Hwy 265 and Hwy 413 to Branson form I-44. I have lived and worked in law enforcement in in the area for over 45 years and I don't drive down 413 in a car if I can avoid it and I would never drive my RV to Branson that way.
miller806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:54 AM   #8

I don't know where you are starting, but I have run US400 across KS when running fat.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwhite17 View Post
Table Rick RV resort
It is in Arkansas

Ok. As others have mentioned, that’s not at the lake of the Ozarks, but we’ve stayed there and it’s a nice place!

If you are crossing Kansas on I-70 and you want to stick to interstates, you could just do I-70 to I-49 to I-44, then take 65 south from Springfield past Branson. The roads you will follow after you leave 65 to get to the resort are a bit windy and hilly. They are not my favorite part of the trip in a motorhome, but take your time and you will be fine.

The resort is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, but it’s really nice, and full of high end motorhomes. When we were there we had a site next to a Newell. We own a Bounder so it was quite a contrast. Have fun.

Charlie
Old 05-31-2018, 11:11 PM   #10

I believe you're staying at Ozarks RV Resort on Table Rock Lake, Oak Grove, Arkansas (formerly Outdoor Resorts). If so, Google Maps shows getting to Springfield, MO on 65 then head south to Branson, MO. Then take 86 to 13 to 311.

I'm not familiar with those roads from Branson so hopefully someone can chime in. Those back roads in the area are typically winding and slow-going. It's a RV park for big rigs so obviously you can get to it easily.

Ozarks Luxury RV Resort on Table Rock Lake near Branson MO
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:05 AM   #11

Thank you for everyone help

We made it, 2gypsies was correct. Only some what bad road was county road 86. Steep decline that ends at bridge.

Beautiful RV place.
Time to rough it smoothly
Old 06-03-2018, 07:28 AM   #12

Don’t forget to check out the pickle ball action up the hill!