Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Leesburg, FL rv parks

My DW is heading to Leesburg on assignment at the Leesburg Regional Hospital in January. I have found a few parks on rvparksreview but was curious if anyone could elaborate on any of the parks in this area. Any one you would or would not recommend and why. Other than full hookup with 50amp we are not particular about needing a lot of planned activities. One plus would be water access for our kayaks, but even that is not a deal breaker because we tend to go to different places to kayak quite a bit. She would prefer to be close to the hospital, say within 10 miles at the most, the closer the better. We have a class A motor home 34 ft.
Thank you for your input.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
paz

The only one I can think of in Leesburg is Holiday Travel Resort. We drove through a few years ago to check it out, but I don't remember much about it except it was too shady for us. We prefer less shade in winter and for our satellite dish.

Their website says "some 50-amp sites available," but I don't know how many. They also say they have lake access for your kayaks.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #3

Three weeks ago, We drove all over the Leesburg area looking for a park to put our 5th wheel for several months to a year. Close or on water for fishing and kayaking. Let's just say shabby. These are bird farms (places for snowbirds to roost) and are mostly older parks with old tin trailers with a few "RV" sites sprinkled about. I may have missed a few, but I checked the ones in RV Park Reviews. We are still looking. And no I don't need a 5 star park. just one where it is neat without junk everywhere you look.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
The only one I can think of in Leesburg is Holiday Travel Resort. We drove through a few years ago to check it out, but I don't remember much about it except it was too shady for us. We prefer less shade in winter and for our satellite dish.

Their website says "some 50-amp sites available," but I don't know how many. They also say they have lake access for your kayaks.
Been there many times and it's a great park. You won't be sorry and it's not far from downtown.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #5

We stayed at Fisherman's Cove at Lake Harris, Tavares Florida for a few days last year. Not too bad of a place.
PanJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We made reservations at Haines Creek. Sure hope it is as nice as the lady who called me seemed to be. I get the feeling all the parks in that area are older parks. This doesn't make them bad, and we are only there 3 months, of coarse we have wheels & if you don't like where you are you can usually find something else nearby. We checked out the Holiday Travel Resort, they seem to offer way more than we ever use or need and only have a few 50 amp service spaces, for the money it isn't worth it to us. Thanks for the replys.