Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2021, 07:53 AM   #1

Looking for 1 night stay

Traveling from louisville ky to santa rosa rv resort navarre beach fl. on I65. looking for a safe campground to stay prob 3-4 hrs from santa rosa rv? can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2021, 09:36 AM   #2

Birmingham AL is around 4 hrs. There’s a campground just south of Hoover that’s just off I-65. I believe it’s called Birmingham South. A little pricey but not bad for an overnight.

Unfortunately there aren’t too many places 3 hours away.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:56 PM   #3

Several places close to the interstate around Montgomery. Military or retired or DOD? there is a FamCamp at Maxwell AFB. Google maps shows me several places when I center up on Montgomery and search for campgrounds.

There are also a couple of Cracker Barrel's south of Birmingham. The one at exit 246 does not appear to have any RV specific spaces but it looks like you could circle the building and park in the back across some spaces. The road leading to Oak Mountain State Park is directly across the street from the Cracker Barrel. Not sure of the status of the park and campground as it sustained damage from the recent tornados.

The Cracker Barrel further south at exit 231 (Calera AL) has at least 3 RV spaces in the rear, and is adjacent to a WalMart and a couple of other stores.

The one at Hoover would require you exit I-65 at exit 250 and go west on I-459 (about 5 miles) to Exit 10 and then south about a mile to the Finley Center and the Hoover Met Complex. The RV park is a huge parking lot, all pull thrus, but has 24 hr security, fencing, hookups, etc. https://hoovermetcomplex.com/rv-park/

I assume you are taking US31 from Evergreen through Brewton, then AL41/FL 87 to Milton and on to Navarre.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed std cab long bed Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. Previous, Being repaired and will be sold, is a 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180. SOLD - 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:29 AM   #4

If you choose to stay at a Cracker Barrel or similar, call in advance to see if they have RV/Bus parking and they allow overnights.

If you go all the way down to Montgomery, we always stay at Gunter Hill, it is a COE campground west of 65.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:48 AM   #5

We've stayed here on our way to the Gulf. Convenient to I-65 & a Flying J fuel stop.

https://montgomerysouthrvpark.com/
Cincy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote