Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #1

Looking for Advice on Branson

The D/W and I are taking a 5,400 mile, 7 week trip around the country in September and October of this year. We will be in Branson for 4 or 5 days near the middle of October. We have never been to Branson before. It’s kinda a “Bucket List” thing.

Preliminary plans are to stay at Ozark Country Campground while we are in Branson. Beyond that we are very green and wide open for suggestions from some of the veterans of this forum. Any advice you might have relative to campgrounds, restaurants, shows, discount tickets, especially discount tickets, or other advice that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you might be willing to share.

Dave & Maggie
sundance1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 06:27 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi sundance1,
There is so much to do in Branson consider using the Internet to see what you would like to do. Not sure of your generation but consider:
1. Moon River theater (Andy Williams)
2. Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater
There is a tremendous amount of music talent in Branson. The choices may overwhelm you.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #3

If you are a golfer or love beautiful scenery go to the Top of the Rock. There is a nature trail that you can drive your own golf cart amongst caves and waterfalls!

We love the 'A Capella' group called 'SIX'. Six brothers that are amazing and spent time with shows in Las Vegas.

Dixie Stampede has good food you eat with your hands and fun horse show...
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We will be taking a 6-8 week trip during September and October as well. Only we will be starting out in Graceland, then Branson. Heading out to Mount Rushmore, and Yellowstone. Then down to Vegas, and eventually San Antonio before getting back home in S.E. Alabama

My preliminary plans are to stay at Branson Lakeside RV park.

I have been entertaining starting a blog here on irv2.com about this.

Best of luck, and God bless.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:08 AM   #5

KoolBell I have to question that plan, as I understand it roads start closing due to snow as early as mid September in Yellowstone, with scheduled seasonalclosures starting the first of October, and all roads being closed by the first of November.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBell View Post
We will be taking a 6-8 week trip during September and October as well. Only we will be starting out in Graceland, then Branson. Heading out to Mount Rushmore, and Yellowstone. Then down to Vegas, and eventually San Antonio before getting back home in S.E. Alabama

My preliminary plans are to stay at Branson Lakeside RV park.

I have been entertaining starting a blog here on irv2.com about this.

Best of luck, and God bless.
"Yellowstone" in October is pushing your luck a bit, IMO. Likely Mt. Rushmore, too. Elevation is a big factor, and "winter" comes quickly out there at elevations unlike anything we have down here in AL & MS.

FWIW, our favorite CG in Branson is ABC.
Good luck with your planning and have a safe trip.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #7

Hi there, we was just down there about 2 weeks ago at Ozark Country, nice older cg, it is set up like a big horse shoe/u . lots of shade a back in site.Large grass field for walking dogs, etc. They have lots water pressure 110lbs first thing they asked if we had regulator. Nice pool, good size.. it was quite which we liked.
have fun
scoutdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
RV Parks,

Americas Best Campground
Branson Lakeside RV

I would recommend the above whole hardheartedly. Very nice and clean good management, reasonable price.

Shows

SIX is a must see we have seen that show at least 3 times and it is good every-time.

Eagles tribute show was really good surprisingly.
Haygoods
Presleys jamboree (kind of cheesy but still pretty good)
Ozark Bluegrass jubilee

Essentially there are more shows than you can possibly see in a few days. I think most RV Parks have discount packages available for tickets. Since I am retired military I always get some sort of a cut on tickets...that is nice.

Branson shows has discount packages, but be ware...there are some ticket sellers that are not completely reputable. If they sound too good to be true, they are. Some deep discounters are actually fronts for Welk resorts and you have to go through the 3 hour pressure presentation to get your discounts.

Also Sight and Sound theater has top notch shows which are of the highest quality that illustrate biblical stories. Right now they have Moses, in Nov Christmas story comes to the stage.

My wife and I come down two or three times a year simply because there is SO much to do for everyone, and it is a good value.

One other note for you. 76 is the main drag through Branson Strip. Get a map that shows all the routes, Red, Blue, Yellow. Those maps are available litterally everywhere in Branson. I know the offices at the campgrounds mentioned above have the maps, with some discounts on them too. Red is the main route through the strip on 76. We try and use Blue and Yellow to get around then jump in on Red to get to a show if we need to.

Best to you, hope you enjoy.
SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #9

American Coach Owners Club
Dagnabit! Forgot a couple of things... Like I said there is SOOO much to do.

NO Trip to Branson is complete without hitting Dicks 5&10 in downtown old Branson. Been there since the 60's and is a throwback to the original dime stores.

Wife and I go there EVERY time we go down simply because they have stuff you wont find anywhere else. Even have Dog slobber soda pop

To eat you cannot go wrong with the Farmhouse on Main street. Go out to the College of the Ozarks restaurant. Great food good price and the kids there are all working off college. Hard work U is a good bet always for good food.

Lamberts in Ozark MO is pretty well known. Made it on Food Network pigout spots, and it is the home of throwd rolls.

Ask the campground staff where the local folks go and they will steer you to some GREAT food and a good price.

Ok done... I think
SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks edgray, and Issac1. I have planned by mid September to be around Yellowstone, and by October 1 be in Reno, NV or west of there in Redwood National Park.

Your advice has me skeptical of making that. I have alternate plans, just not bucketlist items. Also have built in 2 weeks total for weather. So, if the snowfall is light, I can sit a day or two. Or, boogie southward if it looks worse.

Any, and all advice id welcome.

Also, I started a blog: http://www.irv2.com/forums/blogs/koo...venture-79575/

All about this trip. English teachers beware...LOL
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #11

Thanks folks, I really appreciate your feedback. The irv2 forums never disappoint, the audience here is amazing. I am anal to a fault and when I'm asked an RV/camping question I nearly always follow it up with a suggestion that the questioner go to irv2 for a consensus. I love this site.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #12

We go to Branson 1 or 2 times per year.
Favorite Shows: the Hughes Brothers, the Haywood's, Million Dollar Quartert, Dailey & Vincent
Best Places to Eat: Lunch@ the Bradford Inn
Lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch@ the Keeter Center at the college
Other things to see and do: Top of the Rock, Dogwood Canyon, Silver Dollar City

Use the alternate routes, stay off 76 Hwy.

Fall colors peak in late October.
Have fun.
richf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVet View Post
Dagnabit! Forgot a couple of things... Like I said there is SOOO much to do.

NO Trip to Branson is complete without hitting Dicks 5&10 in downtown old Branson. Been there since the 60's and is a throwback to the original dime stores.

Wife and I go there EVERY time we go down simply because they have stuff you wont find anywhere else. Even have Dog slobber soda pop

To eat you cannot go wrong with the Farmhouse on Main street. Go out to the College of the Ozarks restaurant. Great food good price and the kids there are all working off college. Hard work U is a good bet always for good food.

Lamberts in Ozark MO is pretty well known. Made it on Food Network pigout spots, and it is the home of throwd rolls.

Ask the campground staff where the local folks go and they will steer you to some GREAT food and a good price.

Ok done... I think
"Dagnabit" now that must be a "Technical Term" All fun, for me, aside
the DW greatly appreciates your mention of "Dick's 5 & 10. That is an environment that is right down her alley. As for me I likewise appreciate all the great info. Just what we were looking for. Hope to see more of you on the irv2 forums. Thank you
Old 06-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our BENZ Life View Post
If you are a golfer or love beautiful scenery go to the Top of the Rock. There is a nature trail that you can drive your own golf cart amongst caves and waterfalls!

We love the 'A Capella' group called 'SIX'. Six brothers that are amazing and spent time with shows in Las Vegas.

Dixie Stampede has good food you eat with your hands and fun horse show...

Hey Benz, we have tried to be through with our internet research on Branson but there is nothing like aski9ng an RV community if you want to get down to the nitty gritty. For example, we had not found anything on "Top of the Rock". We find it appealing and plan to check it out.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Tags
advice