Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #1

Looking for CG in Florida

We have been going to Bushnell, FL for the past 10 years and want to find something different. What suggestions do you have for the East Coast and the Gulf Coast? Need a place with interesting things to do and see.
johnmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #2

Do you want to move around or just stay in one place once you get there? It may be too late to secure a spot for the whole season now. I have been traveling to the South East portion of Florida for several years. Not as many campgrounds around as there once were. I like John Prince Park in Lake Worth, but that's because it was within bicycle distance to my work. Problem for me is they have a limit on the days you can stay in one year. 180 days. Doesn't work out for me when I like to arrive in November and leave in June. I don't like to move once I am set up.

Ty park in Ft. Lauderdale is close to lots of activities, large open sites, but no trees to provide you shade. There are other parks close to there too but too small for my needs and too far from my winter job.

If you have specific questions about a park, I may have visited it at one time or another. I stayed at one other park in the area but will not recommend it at all. PM for the name and or location.

Rod
lappir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #3

We are staying at Nature's Coast Landing Rv Resort in Crystal River, Fl on the west coast above Tampa. Each lot is owned by an individual so you would need to check ( http: //www.naturecoastlandingsrentals.com/ ) to see which lots are available and then contact the owner. We rented lot 219 and could not be happier, have paved patio with gazebo and swing, gas bbq, shed to store stuff in. Easy walk to the club house, pool, laundry,etc. Great bunch of folks here now, and more coming. If I can be of help, let me know, glad to check with office for you ,etc..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20130920_5.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	46557  

2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4,2008 Crossroads Cruiser M29CK, 2008 HD Ultra Classic Trike
pddgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #4

If you're looking on the Gulf Coast, I'd recommend The Great Outdoors in Titusville, FL. Great resort, beautiful golf course on-site, close to Cape Canaveral & Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island has some beautiful hiking & wonderful shore areas. About 40 minutes to Orlando/Disney, if that's your thing. Right off I95 & easy to get to.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #5

The Great Outdoors Resort is located near the Atlantic not Gulf coast. We have many friends who live in TGO. They enjoy it.
eaglessoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglessoc View Post
The Great Outdoors Resort is located near the Atlantic not Gulf coast. We have many friends who live in TGO. They enjoy it.
Of course it is, I don't know what the heck I was thinking -we've been there multiple times.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #7

Kissimmee area we like Tropical palms, Tampa area we like hillsborough river state pArk and lazy days, Ocala area we like silver springs state park, Sarasota area is sun n fun RV resort and myakka river state park

Hope this helps
TTCamper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #8

Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park in Crystal River is worth your time to look into. We've wintered there the past 3 years. Great area, friendly folks, lots of amenities.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #9

Lots to do and see in southeast Florida and the Keys. The most beautiful water, coral reefs and the best offshore fishing anywhere in the US. Unfortunately there are also lots of people...and very few affordable RV parks. We have finally made it off the waiting list at a county park and secured a spot for this winter.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida