Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #1

We are going to spend jan thru April 1st. in Fl next winter and I know this one is not over you have to book early. We have always stayed in Zephyrhills but gets cold in Jan and want to stay warm. Has anyone stayed in the Ft. Myers area at any of the campgrounds. Woodsmoke, buttonwood bay,Bonita lake, or groves rv resort. We want pet friendly and have my 91 year old Mom with us so have to be close to Hospital if we need one. I know this site has never let me down and count on you all to help now. Also if someone has a RV lot in a park for rent will consider that also. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #2

We are going to spend jan thru April 1st. in Fl next winter and I know this one is not over you have to book early. We have always stayed in Zephyrhills but gets cold in Jan and want to stay warm. Has anyone stayed in the Ft. Myers area at any of the campgrounds. Woodsmoke, buttonwood bay,Bonita lake, or groves rv resort. We want pet friendly and have my 91 year old Mom with us so have to be close to Hospital if we need one. I know this site has never let me down and count on you all to help now. Also if someone has a RV lot in a park for rent will consider that also. Thanks
Old 02-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #3

Yes, Shady Acres. It is nice and they take dogs, level lots, all hookups, heated pool, and snack bar. Here is the website. We will be staying March 1 this year. Can't wait.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #4

Thanks, the web site looks real nice and the park is about what we are looking for. Have you stayed their before, or will this be your 1st time.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:37 PM   #5

We have stayed there before. 3 times. They now have Wi Fi. We stayed there only because they allow big dogs, not the usual "under 25 lbs" limit. Have not been there last year. Will let you know how it is (if anything changed) when I get there and hook up to the internet

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #6

Tell us how the park is now when you get down but don't let me know how wonderful the weather is and how good the sun feels when you hit the pool and how great the beach is because we will still be up here in dear ole Delaware and the weather don't look like it will be spring any time soon. Hope you have safe and wonderful trip. ENJOY ENJOY as thats what it is all about.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Willie,
Consider looking at Up River RV Resort, Ft. Myers, Fl. 239-543-3330. I have stay here for short stays. There are many who stay long term. The Upriver Web Site has all the details. It is a nice CG.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #8

Gary , Thanks this looks nice and I will contact them tomorrow for 3 month rate. I am sure they will be in line with the other one's in the area. Appreciate the help. Willie