Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Luxury RV Resort

Any members have any experience with Luxury RV Resort in Gulf Shores Al?
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2019, 06:53 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
I drove thru it two yrs ago and from what I saw it was for from Luxury IMO. It's a good location but I remember telling my wife the name was misleading. Look it up on you tube and google earth it and look at it that way.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the tip. Just did Google Earth on the park.Kinda sparse on trees,paved streets and concrete pads look pretty nice,$48.86 a night was good.Looked very clean and I like the area,lots of good seafood close by.I agree "Luxury" is a bit of a stretch LOL .Might try it out this Spring.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvette85 View Post
Thanks for the tip. Just did Google Earth on the park.Kinda sparse on trees,paved streets and concrete pads look pretty nice,$48.86 a night was good.Looked very clean and I like the area,lots of good seafood close by.I agree "Luxury" is a bit of a stretch LOL .Might try it out this Spring.

Google reviews for it. Try Gulf State Park too, unless you want something more high end. I like to use google earth on the computer and compare it to the campground layout and you can get a feel for the shaded areas if that’s what you want.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:08 AM   #5

I stayed there a few years ago. Very nice, big wide pull through sites. Nice lake, pool and recreation room. They required you to use pads under jacks, if you didn't have they provided.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:50 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Google reviews for it. Try Gulf State Park too, unless you want something more high end. I like to use google earth on the computer and compare it to the campground layout and you can get a feel for the shaded areas if that’s what you want.
I have friends that recommended Gulf State Park too.I'll check it out.I like the Google Earth site,really gives you a feel for the area.Thanks for the info on the pads Darwin.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:26 AM   #7

Gulf State Park is our recommendation. Nice-sized spaces; nice biking, walking, activities.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #8
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Bella Terra in Foley, AL:

Make your reservation | Bella Terra RV Resort

Spent about ten days there. Very nice all Class A Resort, large lots, quiet, and nice amenities.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Heritage is amazing but pricey. We liked Buena Vista as well
Old 01-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bella Terra is a Luxury RV Resort not really near anything and more than likely has a age limit on motorhomes. Gulf State Park is very nice with a large pool biking walking trails well kept and many many sites. Limited parking near beach at the Park entrance.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #11

Luxury is in a great location but is an older park that doesn’t quite compare to the more modern RV resorts that have been built over the past 10-15 years. It’s really a nice older park, clean, and friendly. I have friends that stay several weeks there every year. Check out Terry Cove Motorcoach Resort in Orange Beach, 15year rule there compared to 10 at Heritage or Bella Terra. Not sure about Buena Vista. Terry Cove is higher than Luxury but there is no comparison in the parks, close to everything but remote enough to be very quiet. Great proximity to the best restaurants in the area.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just received this today in my email. You can check it out, reservations will probably go up even more now.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0933.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	231422
Old 01-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvette85 View Post
Any members have any experience with Luxury RV Resort in Gulf Shores Al?
We stay at Bella Terra in Folley and it's great there.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Heritage motor coach resort and Bella Terra both are nice, really nice. We have been to Terry Cove but not stayed there yet. We are undecided on Terry Cove. Looks as though a few sites there are making investments and others not as much. Heritage has been our choice a couple times.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote