Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2022, 08:24 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I just made reservations for the month of October at the Cross Creek RV Park in Maggie Valley, NC.

We love the Maggie Valley area! It's a little laid-back town just outside of Waynesville. They don't even have a grocery store! Folks drive the 5 miles to Waynesville to buy groceries! It's a great place to headquarter and make day trips to the Smokies, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Cherokee, and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I sure hope the pandemic is over by then, but if not, we can still enjoy the beauty of the mountains!
Hi Joe & Annette, welcome to Maggie Valley. I wish I could also give a glowing report on CC but in our case staying there for several years for a couple weeks to the full season the past couple years, became very expensive as of last September. I'll explain.

Last year we got here at the end of May, they were closed for an extra month due to the virous, and things were pretty quite around as you might imagine. Karen and I started talking about it might be nice if we could find a nice small cabin where it would be legal to have the coach and wouldn't be a big bonus if it was on the water? I guess if your going to dream, dream big. We have lived on the water for the last 40 years in Florida so waterfront would be great. As luck would have it (as the saying goes "be careful what you ask for") Karen was walking the hounds down Moody Farm Rd to the east when she came back and said "come on we have go look at a house down the street, the realtor is there now and I told him we would be right back". I said that I hadn't realized we were all that serous right now to which she gave me that look..."I told him we will be right back"!

So we walked down to see it and half an hour later we had a deal. First time in my life I paid full asking without negotiating. 10' off Johnathan Creek, RV friendly for up to 5 sites on over a half acer.

The day we closed we brought our coach from CC as well as 2 other rv buddies.

Back to Cross Creek, we have always enjoyed our time there the owners are great (we've had them down for a couple get togethers) the place is clean and well maintained because the owner live onsite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRich View Post
I LOVE wandering around Wheels Through Time!!!!!
I've been going for years and last year we became lifetime supporting members. Very sad that Dale passed so young, what a genuine guy.

Quote:
One little tip! Most of the campgrounds in that area shut down the last day of October! I think Pride RV Resort has one row of sites that stay open for the winter. They also have several cabins for rent.
Our cabin is right across Jonathan Creek from Stonebridge RV Resort on Soco Rd. and they are open year round. We were surprised how full it has been all fall and winter, it was packed the week between Christmas and New Years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Roy View Post
Does anyone know of a Maggie Valley area campground that can handle a 45 foot Motorhome pulling a 14 foot enclosed trailer with 2 street motorcycles.
Cross Creek has several sites you could pull through without unhooking.

Quote:
We took our kids to Ghost Town in the Sky back in the 60's and 70's. It's been closed for a long time. I remember the staged gunfights in the streets, and riding the roller coaster hanging off the side of the mountain! If you Google it you will find lots of good info, pics, and videos of how it used to be!

Efforts have been made in the past to reopen it, but none have been successful. Some wealthy guy from Florida is trying again to reopen it, to put a grocery store in Maggie Valley, and even to get an RV manufacturer to put a plant in the area. There is stiff opposition to his plans. I think there is a meeting scheduled for January 11 for the city to discuss the plans. I'll try to watch for further developments.
I don't think what he is proposing is a good thing for Maggie, most folks here that I talk with agree, keep your fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie65 View Post
We will also be in Maggie Valley at Cross Creek RV in October, made reservations months ago. Really enjoy wheels through time and Guayabitos Mexican Restaurant (great Margarita's).
Also enjoy Barber Orchard, they have great apple pies and lots of other goodies. See you there, we will be in site H9.
Ed & Kathleen Jameson
and Sophie
Don't forget Bocelli's in Waynesville, great pizza and lunch specials, Wednesday is Lasagna with soup or salad and garlic notes $8 with enough to take home for dinner.

Also pretty good sushi at Watami in Waynesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfitz302 View Post
Don't miss the wheels tru time museum its incredible
Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNBama View Post
Love the Cross Creek facility! Especially if you travel with dogs, they have a great pet-park. Enjoy.����
I like that there is no pool or bath house, cuts down on kids, if that's your thing.

For the first several years we were on Alabama 4 then the last couple years we moved to Florida 5.

All in all Cross Creek is a great place, you folks staying there and walking down our way stop by and say hi.

By time you all start getting here I hopefully will be finished building my RV garage, you won't miss it . We are right next to the dark brown rental cabins on the south side of Moody.

There is always things to do in the area. There is usually an event at The Maggie Valley Festival Grounds every weekend

https://maggievalleyfestivalgrounds.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210519_182458.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	894.4 KB
ID:	353481   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200928_171309.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	693.8 KB
ID:	353482  

Click image for larger version

Name:	RIPRAP3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	353483   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210713_135459.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	353484  

Capt Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2022, 03:14 PM   #44

We’re on Virginia Lane B9. Counting the days until May 1!
fernsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:19 PM   #45
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsma View Post
We’re on Virginia Lane B9. Counting the days until May 1!
Are you gonna be there in October?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #46

Yes, we will be there from May until the end of October. We go home for a few days each month to check on things. I wish we lived there but are happy for at least 6 months in paradise!
Old 01-11-2022, 03:31 PM   #47
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, we will be there from May until the end of October. We go home for a few days each month to check on things. I wish we lived there but are happy for at least 6 months in paradise!
I'm making a list of the members who will be there. Can we have a name?
Old 01-11-2022, 04:17 PM   #48

Ben and Shirley (and the 4 Bs..our spoiled chihuahuas. You’ll see them cruising in their stroller!
Old 01-11-2022, 04:25 PM   #49
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Ben and Shirley (and the 4 Bs..our spoiled chihuahuas. You’ll see them cruising in their stroller!
Look forward to meeting you guys!
Old 01-11-2022, 04:47 PM   #50

Same here!
Old 01-16-2022, 12:59 PM   #51

Maggie Valley

We are from Louisiana and spend from May until the end of October in Maggie Valley. We like Stonebridge Rv Park, because it is centrally located, and because we have lots of good friends there. We have been going to MV for many years, and camping there for 6 years.
We love it there.
Charles Park is offline   Reply With Quote