Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #1

Maiden voyage was a success!

We took out our new to us class A.. the copa, copa cabana... and had a great time! (no thanks to the campground we stayed at though) We went up to silverwood lake campground where we camped on cement without hookups (which was fine because we wanted to test out everything, but for $49 a night, thats kind of insane!). Our site was littered with trash (which we picked up & burned) but other than that it seemed very peaceful & serene... until about 7pm. Then we learned a second language via yelled conversations & music. Apparently there was a huge family get together of tent campers (who by the way was still setting up tents at midnight!). Had myself an extra nightcap just to make sure I could fall asleep as the radio was on well after 12:30 am and we could hear a lot of partying going on.

If I had my buggy I would have fired it up at the crack of dawn just to pay them back!

We went to the lake the following morning where we launched DH's jet ski & set up our canopy for the day on the beach. I rode a jetski for the first time (not my thing, lol) and hubby & my daughter took turns riding the rest of the day. We ended up having to take the canopy down due to the wind, which also made it fun to make lunch, but overall it was a fun day.

We returned to camp and hubby went to talk to the camp host to make sure that the 10pm no radio and quiet voices rule was actually going to be enforced, only to find out that the only camp host was all the way back at check in. Doesn't really make sense to have them so far away, but whatever. They said that they've received several complaints about that group and that they would be on it that night. Thank goodness! We heard a little of the bump, bum bump music but nothing like the night before.

So a couple lil things we learned on our testing campout weekend...

1. The jacks need to be down to put the slide out
2. We need a level
3. We prefer boondocking in the middle of BFE
4. We think the sprayer next to the toilet leaks if you use it
5. We need to install an inverter so DH can sleep with his machine
6. Always pack enough sleeping aid... AKA ~ Rum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #2

Pics to follow
Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #3

Our campsite
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2241.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	23129   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2254.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	475.5 KB
ID:	23130  

Name:	IMG_2256.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	508.3 KB
ID:	23131  
Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #4

Some of our views from camp and our walk...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2242.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	597.0 KB
ID:	23133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2244.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	486.5 KB
ID:	23134  

Name:	IMG_2250.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	23135  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #5

Boy I don't know about $49 a night with no hookups. That seems expensive for even CA. At least the noise issue was somewhat resolved. Beautiful views.

Have Fun
Arnold
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #6

Thanks Arnold, I agree. Oh and the $49 a night didn't include the launch fee, so that was an additional $10 per launch.

Some more pics...

another view & our first dinner at the copa cabana.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2259.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	493.5 KB
ID:	23161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2265.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	23162  

Name:	IMG_2266.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	23163  
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Pics are great...I wasn't crazy about silverwood lake either..too far to the lake when u have kids who r bugging u to go fishing and u can't just tell them...GO! It was windy when we went in April..napkins and plates flying around...so annoying when people party all night and u r not invited! So inconsiderate..we r off to camp pendleton this Tues home Thur. Not sure if there r hookups or not..hope we get the RV back by Monday..still at rvsupercenter..ugh
beaudrya786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #8

I think I know which campsite you're talking about. Not sure about the hookups cause I was tent camping when I stayed there. Don't you have to reserve that way in advance? My experience with that place was that it was a little hike to the beach but it may be different from different sites.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Main thing is you had a pretty good time. Yeah I know about partyers that don't have a consideration one for anyone else. Hope you continue having a great time next time out. Have a great rving season.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #10

Thank you! Whats funny is that our season is usually Halloween to Easter because we're off roaders, but I think we'll be working in some summer trips now. And now that I have more confidence in the motorhome making the sierra trip in August, we'll be heading to that.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
For $49 per night and no hook ups that is bordering on highway robbery. Plus the trash to boot and the noisy neighbors. I think i would have cranked up the generator and had a nice evening.

Another thing to do is at dawn-30 show up on their doorstep with a fresh pot of coffee as a neighborly thing to do.

Ken

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #12

If it had been too hot we would have! We did end up running the generator early as we were packing up, but even then it was like 9 am. Figured, what were they gonna do, throw us out of the campground that we were packing up to leave? lol

Fairly positive that we won't be back.

Boondocking trips in August, T-day, New Years & Easter so we won't have to deal with noisy neighbors really (except maybe T-day). Unless we get the itch and add more trips to our calendar.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to KDbug
nice congratz on the new MH and sorry but no hookups at all not even electric is WRONG. hope yopu have a great camping season....
Old 07-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #14

Thank you... we are looking forward to heading to the Sierras in less than 2 weeks for a week long trip!