Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #15

Maine/Nova Scotia/Newfoundland in July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Thanks for all the great info. We will be in ME! Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfounfland, Quebec & Montreal this fall. Any recommendations on motorcycle roads?

Cabot Trail in cape Breton , NS is hands down, the ultimate bike ride!

Mainland Nova Scotia choice; along the south shore NS ; if you start from Halifax , do the lighthouse route to Peggys Cove. Continue on to Mahoney Bay via st margrets bay road. Goes by all the beaches and is right on the water . Mahone Bay is a great stop to of the tourist cafés .
I'll be driving my Triumph along this route in August myself. Go every year!
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #16

Nova Scotia

Hi alpha99. We traveled to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland in 2009. We took the Coach and the truck across to Newfoundland via the ferry. The trick to the ferry is to disconnect the truck from the coach. We had a 40' HR and a Toyota pickup at the time. The total cost this way was only $308.50. Be sure to take the trailer hitch off the coach so you only pay for the 40' length. We cross the boarder into New Brunswick and stayed the first night in New River Beach CG which was a Provincial Park and it was a tight fit. We toured a day or so then left and went to the coast at Centry Farms CG. We stayed a couple of days then on to Hidden Hill CG then on to Seal Island/North Sydney KOA to catch the ferry the next day. Upon arriving at Newfoundland we stayed at Grand Codroy RV CG, then on to Gros Morne Campground, St Barbe RV Park and then to Viking RV Park which is at the northern tip of Newfoundland at the site of the Meadows which is where the Vikings landed. On the way back south we stayed at Ocean View CG, Kensmen Prince Edward RV Park, Arm of Gold RV Park, Baddeck Cabot Trail CG, Halifax Koa, Land of Evangeline CG @Grand Pre, Sun and Shade CG then back into the States. We had no trouble with our coach towing the truck although some of the roads had frost heaves in them and were limestoned which were rough for a little piece. The only park we had trouble getting into was the first on which was a provincial park and the sites were only 30 amp and very tight. I actually broke one of my mirrors backing into the site. All the rest of the campgrounds had 50 amp service.We stayed in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland from June 20,2009 to July 26, 2009. If I ever went back up there I would skip New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and head straight for Newfoundland. It was beautiful and laid back. Hope you enjoy you trip. Hope this helps.
Harry