Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Mesa, AZ

Looking for some recommendations. We have reservations for spring training at Mesa Spirit RV resort. Part of our trip is to find an (over 55) rv resort that we'd like to consider spending at least one/two months in the winter. Does anyone here "snowbird" to that area and have a favorite resort? We are just 55 so a "lively/active" resort would be a plus. We picked Mesa Spirit just because of location. Thanks for any help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #2

are you looking for information abt mesa spirit or are you looking to make a change? we've been spending 1-2 mos at mesa spirit for spring training for the last 15-yrs. dudn't get to go this year due to a knee injury.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might want to look at Val Vista Villages but only if you can get one of the pull-through sites. All of the other sites are wedged in between park models, and not an ideal situation on a couple of levels.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I'm wondering if Mesa Spirit has nice size sites and if the atmosphere is "lively" If there are other resorts in the area that cater to motorhomes please let me know. I hate think we'd be sandwiched in between two of those "prefab" house things.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:44 PM   #5

MS can be as lively as you want it to be. dozens of groups and clubs, several musucal shows each year, pools, pickle ball, shuffke board, organized shopping trips, etc. or sit and relax. sites are about what you'd expect. 98% back-in, all with off-street parking for one vehicle, a nice concrete patio and most sites (gravel) can accomodate a 40' RV, some sites are larger. i'd estimate that abt half the park are seasonal park models.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:55 AM   #6

We flew to Phoenix in January scoping out retirement rv parks. We stumbled on an oasis just 45 minutes from Phoenix. It’s Lake Pleasant. It has a full hookup area, along with lots of dry camping areas overlooking the lake, which have the best view. Dry camping areas are only $16/ night.
tundranurse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #7

Valle Del Oro. A large park with a mix of park models and RV spaces. Great and numerous amenities. More organized activities than you can imagine.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #8

We were in Mesa Spirit last fall during hockey season. The (Canadian) people out front of us were avid fans and had outdoor watch parties. I think they had about 20 people during the games. We didn't stop over but were sitting outside just enjoying the weather and a guy walked by with his kids. I heard him ask about watching with them since he'd been traveling without any games for a couple weeks and they welcomed him and the kids to watch with them.

As for another park out that way this next winter we opted for Voyager in Tuscon for a few months (our first "snow-birding" experience since we live in FL so coming home doesn't make us snow-birds) If you decide to head a bit further South it's also a large park and has a hotel/restaurant/bar on site. Lots of park models here and a dedicated "pet" section. Satellite view shows some trees but not a lot of shade to be had if you're looking for that. (from what I'm seeing that's pretty common out there)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:50 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
X2 Valle Del Oro. No personal experience but my sister and brother in law go there every winter and have for years. It made such an impression on my cousin, she moved into one of their park models from Georgia. I've received a lot of first hand information about the activities and it's unbelievable. Can't wait to get my RV and join them there.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #10

Look into viewpoint in mesa.
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote