Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #1

We are traveling to Washington in late July early August and would like find a place to camp for a couple days pn our way home....

Any Ideas? Web Site?
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #2

We are traveling to Washington in late July early August and would like find a place to camp for a couple days pn our way home....

Any Ideas? Web Site?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:01 AM   #3

Location: Fulltiming. Living wherever the jacks hit the ground.
On the I-5 corridor, or East of the Cascades?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:39 AM   #4

East of the Cascades is to far off I-5. I am looking for a place 20 miles or so off I-5 east or west of I-5
Old 06-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #5

Location: Fulltiming. Living wherever the jacks hit the ground.
First, I don't camp, so if you're looking for campground type place, I probably won't help much, but for RV Parks.

Just outside of Eugene, Premier RV Resorts of Eugene. 541.686.3152

At Sutherlin, OR. Oak Hills Golf Club and RV Park. 540.459.4423.

My choice is Oak Hills, and will cost about $25.00 per night, unless you are a Passport America member.

There are a lot more RV parks that fit your criteria, but I've stayed at these.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #6

LeeB,
You may find Valley of the Rogue State Park, just south of Grants Pass to be the place. Oregon has full hookups. I suggest you plan to stop early in the afternoon (no later than 2:30) to be assured of a place, as they are popular and are usually full every night during the summer. This state park is located within a few yards of I-5, but the berm shields most of the highway noise.

If you enjoy golf, Oak Hills is nice, too.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #7

Yes, the Rogue State Park is great and we have stayed there when we are out west.

If you want something more northerly, try Waterloo Park (it is either a state park or county park)....anyway you take Highway 34 just south of Albany. Turn right off I 5 onto 34, thus you are travelling east. Go through the town of Lebanon (a few miles east of I -5) and connect to Highway 20, again going east. Waterloo Park exit will be on your left again...get a map to see the exit.

The park is situated on the South Santiam River, really great location....it should be right at your 20 mile limit.

Hemi

PS: While we live in FL now, I grew up in OR and thus know the state very well....in the future you may wish to travel N-S on highway 97 east of the Cascades....there is some wonderful camping along that route.
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:43 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hemi:
Yes, the Rogue State Park is great and we have stayed there when we are out west.

If you want something more northerly, try Waterloo Park (it is either a state park or county park)....anyway you take Highway 34 just south of Albany. Turn right off I 5 onto 34, thus you are travelling east. Go through the town of Lebanon (a few miles east of I -5) and connect to Highway 20, again going east. Waterloo Park exit will be on your left again...get a map to see the exit.

The park is situated on the South Santiam River, really great location....it should be right at your 20 mile limit.

Hemi

PS: While we live in FL now, I grew up in OR and thus know the state very well....in the future you may wish to travel N-S on highway 97 east of the Cascades....there is some wonderful camping along that route. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the hints. I plan on checking them out on my GPS map as soon as I am done here. I agree that 97 is a great route also although time is not on our side this time around....
Old 06-24-2006, 08:03 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeeB:
We are traveling to Washington in late July early August and would like find a place to camp for a couple days pn our way home...
Any Ideas? Web Site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lee,
You didn't give us any hints on how far you want to drive daily, and where you are starting from on your return trip from Washington State. So, here are a couple more suggestions that we can personnally vouch for, although during the summer there is a risk of being full if you don't stop early enough.
1. Champoeg: AURORA, OR, Marion County, (southwest of Portland) Private - Good paved access rd. (West of town) From Jct of I-5 & Ehlen Rd (Aurora-exit 278), E 200 ft on Ehlen Rd (R). Good paved interior rds. Last year's rates: $27.50 to $29.95.
2. Silver Falls SP, SUBLIMITY, OR, Marion County. Public - Good paved access rd. (Northeast of town) From Jct of SR-22 & SR-214 (MP-6 1/2, E of Salem), E 16.4 mi on SR-214, MP-25 (R). Appears to be approx 20-25 miles east of I-5 out of Salem. Last year's rates: $18 to $22. According to my late brother, a long-time Oregon resident, this is THE most beautiful park in all of Oregon. I think he was right.

I hope your trip is the best you've ever taken.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #10

We are leaving Olympia on the 8th of Aug. and don't have to be back in Central Calif until the 12th or 13th so we don't have to push it to much... Silver Falls sounds like a beauitful place.. That may be the place to stay for a couple days and just relax after seeing family....
Old 06-28-2006, 05:06 AM   #11

A couple of years ago on a trip through central Oregon on the way up and the coast on the way back we stayed in mostly state and county campgrounds.

With the exception of a couple of older campgrounds, (don't remember if they were state or county), most of them were very nicely landscaped, had hook-ups in most of them (at least water and power), and were well maintained.

I wish Ca. state / county parks would endeavor to be as clean, RV friendly (i.e. size, access, hook-ups), and have as many sites available.

We found most of them in the (Trailer Life ??) Campground Directory.

2003 KSDP
Ed-Deb is offline   Reply With Quote