Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Midland-Odessa, TX parks

We will be spending the night in the Midland-Odessa, TX area soon. From reviews on other sites we picked Midessa Oil Patch RV Park. There are a few negative comments about it but it appears to be the best in that area for a 43' rig with toad. Water isn't drinkable but that's not an issue.

Any experience with this park, comments or other recommendations in the area?
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #2

We are 40' with a towed and enjoyed a short stay at Monahans White Sands State Park. We made reservations and parallel parked next to a sand dune. How often can you say that? Our neighbors were an interesting bunch of oil workers, many there for temporary jobs, like geologists from Utah and Colorado sleeping in pup tents. We watched the kids slide down the dunes on plastic discs--too hot for us. Really unique place!
jdocter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
That will be our first night of a 45 day trip and the first night in our coach in a month (it's been in the shop since we got back from our last trip) so we're looking for full hookup.

After more research we will stay at Mesquite Oasis RV Park in Odessa. At least they have drinkable water!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have lived in the Midland-Odessa area. We spent 3 months in the Oil Patch RV park, as bad as it is, it is the best one there. I believe there was a problem with chromium in the water wells in the area and the rv park was giving cases of water to the residents. I would not connect to the water there. Mesquite Oasis RV Park may have safe water but believe me it is not drinkable unless you have a reverse osmosis system to filter it.
srx-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Mesquite Oasis says they are on city water. I may just use my own anyway and be safe.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #6

I'd fill my tanks B4 I got there, West Texas tap water will grow stalagtites from your faucets. I bought a Motor Home in nearby Sand Springs & it took 2 weeks to clean & flush my water system. Make sure you have reservations, last I heard , any place you can park an RV is full up. Hydro-Frack boom town.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Great advice that we will heed. We have reservations at Mesquite Oasis.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #8

I was born and raised in Odessa. Left the week after I graduated HS. My entire family still lives there. Still not reason enough to go back. True happiness is Midland in your rear view mirror!
SNAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I feel your pain. I need to see my sister once in a while or I would never see Elk City, OK again!