Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleKing View Post
Best steak I ever had was at the Texas T-Bone Steakhouse in Grand Island, NE. Mouth watering and reasonable prices.

Best BBQ I've ever had is at BT's in Sturbridge, MA. I discovered the place after having a desire for really good BBQ and never had any. It was really good and so I decided to hit some of "big & famous" places when I traveled, including all the BBQ "hubs" like Kansas City, Nashville, Texas, etc. and none have been as good (IMHO) as BT's.

Best clams - Woodman's of Essex, Essex, MA

Best Pizza - Frank Pepe's in New Haven, CT. (Sally's is good too!) New Haven is also home to Louis Lunch, the place where the cheeseburg was created.
Although NC is know for their BBQ. Pierce's BBQ in Williamsburg VA has a very good and unique BBQ. For me when in the area it is a must stop. Right off I 64. NC also has a BBQ trail.

I will be looking to hitting some of these places up
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #100

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile Good Food is a MUST on any Road Trip!

It's according where you are traveling?

In Boston area we stayed at Cape Cod KOA and took ferry to Martha's Vineyard, there we had the absolute best Lobster Rolls ever! We also had great ones in Boston near the Commuter Train Station.

I Maine, especially Bar Harbor, we stayed at Bar Harbor KOA and was right on the water, the nearby pounds have the best Lobster known to man!

In Georgia, north of Atlanta just past the town of Jasper GA there is a BBQ Place named "BIGUN'S" and their BBQ Pork Plates will put every BBQ Place in Memphis, all of Texas to shame! Bigun's is the best BBQ I have ever had and it's a favorite of mine, I try every BBQ joint that I can find and Bigun's win's hands down as the "ALL TIME BEST". The also have the best Fried Okra in the world, it is a must to try along with their unusual Broccoli Cole Slaw, delicious!

In North Georgia just out of the town of Blairsville, there is a restaurant named; "Deer Lodge Restaurant" and if you love steak then you gotta try it! You get a T-Bone that covers a dinner plate and 1" thick, cooked perfectly and they have prices that blows you away, the T-Bone meal is $19.95 and if you love "Onion Rings" be sure to get theirs, I rate those as the best onion rings that I have ever had!

When we were out west, golly, there were so many places that stood out, but you have to get a good Buffalo Steak, WOW! it is super delicious! and if you go to the Bad Lands stop at Hill City SD, stay there and go to Hill City Cafe and have Flo be your server, she is a HOOT, but get their Beefalo Burger, World's Best Burger! Also a great place to go and stay, you can ride the train up to Mt. Rushmore for the day and then drive the Needles Highway, it is a MUST, and best of all is Custer State Park, you will see literally thousands of wild game, Buffalo, Elk, Mule Deer, Sheep, Wild Donkey's, Antelopes, Eagles and more.......
RV_Road_Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad bull View Post
Jack Stack BBQ, several locations in the KC area.
Cortino’s Italian, Mercedes, TX
Jim’s Steak House, Pittsburgh, KS
Chicken Mary’s, Pittsburgh, KS (was on food wars)
Pappasitos Mexican, all over TX
Dirty Al’s Seafood, Brownsville, TX
Got some KS in the mix now. THanks for sharing
Old 03-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
Many Cracker Barrels, Denny's and IHOPS allow for overnight parking. What is nice about then is depending on location, they are quiet.
And breakfast in the morning
Old 03-14-2019, 05:39 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Traveler View Post
The Nordic Lodge
178 East Pasquiset Trail
Charlestown, RI 02813

The Nordic, Charlestown RI

AYCE Buffet:
Lobster Alaskan Crab
Premium Fried Scallops
Fried Jumbo Shrimp
Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Steamed Clams
Scallop & Shrimp Scampi
Baked Cod
Shrimp Cocktail
New England Clam Chowder
Lobster Bisque
Lobster Mac & Cheese
Lobster Fritters
Fresh Local Oysters
Little Necks on the Half Shell

Black Angus Prime Rib
Black Angus Filet Mignon
Teriyaki Tenderloin Tips
Chicken Wings
St Louis BBQ Pork Ribs

Desserts - Don't Get Me Started! Go to their website: The Nordic, Charlestown RI

The Nordic 2019 Hours
April 26 - December 14, 2019
Friday: Arrive anytime between 5:00 and 8:30 PM*
Saturday: Arrive anytime between 5:00 and 8:30 PM*
Sunday: Arrive anytime between 2:00 and 6:30 PM*
* Buffets remain open later.

Closed Monday - Thursday - Closed Thanksgiving Weekend

2019 Pricing Adults - $103.00 Maximum Dining 2 Hours Soft Drinks, Coffee & Tea, Tax and 10% Service Charge* Included
Wow that is quite the buffet. Never seen anything like that before. Thanks for sharing. THis place will hurt me.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:44 PM   #104

Cajun Food

Must stop at Poches and Crawfish Town USA in Breaux Bridge (Lafayette) LA
Don’t leave Poches without buying a shrimp stuffed chicken.
AdamsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #105

Newmar Owners Club
We just came back from a month in Pensacola Beach, Florida and our favorite restaurant is Flounders Chowder House.

We visited several times and these are our favorites:
  1. Coconut Shrimp with Island Piña Colada Sauce and Cole Slaw, Hushpuppies and Flash Fried Potatoes.
  2. Red Snapper, blackened, with Citrus Beurre Blanc sauce.
  3. Flounder's classic stuffed Flounder, Boneless Flounder Filets loaded with Crab Imperial, topped with Citrus Beurre Blanc.
  4. Floyd Flounders Phenomenal Flounder Chowder. Winner of the Great Florida Chowder Cook-Off, as Featured in Southern Living

It helped that we were in walking distance!
wslow57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Road_Trip View Post
It's according where you are traveling?

In Boston area we stayed at Cape Cod KOA and took ferry to Martha's Vineyard, there we had the absolute best Lobster Rolls ever! We also had great ones in Boston near the Commuter Train Station.

I Maine, especially Bar Harbor, we stayed at Bar Harbor KOA and was right on the water, the nearby pounds have the best Lobster known to man!

In Georgia, north of Atlanta just past the town of Jasper GA there is a BBQ Place named "BIGUN'S" and their BBQ Pork Plates will put every BBQ Place in Memphis, all of Texas to shame! Bigun's is the best BBQ I have ever had and it's a favorite of mine, I try every BBQ joint that I can find and Bigun's win's hands down as the "ALL TIME BEST". The also have the best Fried Okra in the world, it is a must to try along with their unusual Broccoli Cole Slaw, delicious!

In North Georgia just out of the town of Blairsville, there is a restaurant named; "Deer Lodge Restaurant" and if you love steak then you gotta try it! You get a T-Bone that covers a dinner plate and 1" thick, cooked perfectly and they have prices that blows you away, the T-Bone meal is $19.95 and if you love "Onion Rings" be sure to get theirs, I rate those as the best onion rings that I have ever had!

When we were out west, golly, there were so many places that stood out, but you have to get a good Buffalo Steak, WOW! it is super delicious! and if you go to the Bad Lands stop at Hill City SD, stay there and go to Hill City Cafe and have Flo be your server, she is a HOOT, but get their Beefalo Burger, World's Best Burger! Also a great place to go and stay, you can ride the train up to Mt. Rushmore for the day and then drive the Needles Highway, it is a MUST, and best of all is Custer State Park, you will see literally thousands of wild game, Buffalo, Elk, Mule Deer, Sheep, Wild Donkey's, Antelopes, Eagles and more.......
Thanks for the reply. Our first destination is Atlanta. In know its hot as hill, but we have a grandaughter due in May. We will for sure hit the place in Atlanta area
Old 03-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
And breakfast in the morning
That was a given. [emoji6]
Old 03-14-2019, 06:27 PM   #108

Wheat Montana in Three Forks MT for some wonderful baked goods and the best wheat in the country. Right off I-90. RV Park next door.

Cafe Degas in New Orleans.

Casa Marina Inn & Restaurant in Jacksonville Beach FL. Sunday brunch buffet is great.

Bella Vino Wine Bar & Tapas in St Charles MO.

For fast food when traveling our first choice is always Culver’s.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #109

Red Iguana in Salt Lake City

La Cuisine Robicheau in Saulnierville Nova Scotia
Srfleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:38 PM   #110

Monaco Owners Club
A few more...

Saw a few of our faves as I scrolled through the amazing responses (Bern’s, Red’s Eats, Dreamland (we buy their sauce online just to have in the house).

A couple of additional thoughts:

Jocko’s in Nipomo, CA - made open-faced “Philly” Cheesesteaks out of the leftovers

Hog Island Oyster Co, Napa/SF/Bodega Bay - we always stop in the Oxbow location when in wine country, but if you have time to go to Bodega Bay you can buy oysters by the bag right where they are raised

Gott’s Roadside, Napa/St Helena - maybe not the best burger but likely the best wine list in a burger joint

Flour + Water, Mission District, SF - PITA to get in and generally known for their gourmet pizzas but they are masters of fresh pasta; try the tasting menu
Old 03-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #111

Little Jack’s Tavern downtown Charleston, SC for their Baked Egg appetizer and their Tavern Burger. It’s not very big, but it’s the best burger we’ve ever had.
Pathfinder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:59 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
SC will be the first state we will go to when we leave NC this summer. Will probably hit Beaufort on the way to FL next winter. Oh I know what a shrimp burger is. I live coastal NC. THanks
Hello fellow eastern N.C. neighbors.
Since you already know what REAL bbq is, I’ll skip that part. On your way to Florida, stop in ST. Augustine at Salt Water Cowboys. Excellent food.
Ps
Toad only. No way to turn coach around.
ncbeachbums is offline   Reply With Quote