Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
If you make the trek to Alaska, be sure to get a copy of The Milepost. It gives just about all possible information on traveling the Alaska Highway - including fishing spots!!!
Not sure if we will make it to Alaska in the MH for several years. There is so much to see in the lower 48. We did fly in 3 years ago and had a blast. I would spend the whole summer there if I make back in a MH. I understand the Milepost is a must have when traveling to AK.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeltodd View Post
Don't miss Crazy Horse! We found it even more fascinating than Rushmore!
Possibly this summer. but we dont want to head to far west as we make our way to ME. If not this summer probably next summer
Old 03-11-2019, 10:26 PM   #45

"Old Sow" whirlpool.https://www.bayoffundy.com/about/old-sow-whirlpool/
fhmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:31 AM   #46

We recently stayed at Kartchner Caverns sp in Arizona. The caverns were great, but the night sky is amazing. We would go out at night and stare at the magnificent display. So anywhere you find yourself away from the lights of towns and developmentsa look up and be amazed.

We have found many interesting things by accident. Before we went to Lubbock TX we knew nothing about Texas ranching heritage and who knew such a thing as a windmill museum existed.In CA and in El Paso we've toured amazing missions . In Tallahassee we watched student athletes put on a. Amazing circus under the big top.

There are so many wonderful things to see, big a d small!
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhmac View Post
I have never heard of it. We will be there this fall. Thanks
Old 03-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming View Post
We recently stayed at Kartchner Caverns sp in Arizona. The caverns were great, but the night sky is amazing. We would go out at night and stare at the magnificent display. So anywhere you find yourself away from the lights of towns and developmentsa look up and be amazed.

We have found many interesting things by accident. Before we went to Lubbock TX we knew nothing about Texas ranching heritage and who knew such a thing as a windmill museum existed.In CA and in El Paso we've toured amazing missions . In Tallahassee we watched student athletes put on a. Amazing circus under the big top.

There are so many wonderful things to see, big a d small!
Sounds like an interesting park. I wonder if the circus school will continue since the big show shut down.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Gettysburg, Kennedy Space Center, New Orleans.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
Must see....
The Gathering! in Quartzsite, AZ.
It happens in the middle of January.
Hundreds of thousands of RV's. Most of them boondocking out in the desert.
opeltodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #51

Foretravel Owners Club
When in the NorthWet..
WA.. Grand Coulee Dam & Lake Roosevelt, and follow the Columbia river all the way to the Pacific Ocean.
The town of George on the 4th of July.
Lake Chelan
Mt Rainier
Mt. St. Helens
Mt Adams

In Orygun
I-84 from ID to the Portland area..Following the Columbia Gorge
Pendleton ROUNDUP!!
The Dalles
Dufur Threshing Bee

Hood River

Mt Hood
Mt Jefferson

Crater Lake
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
IYHO what are the must see places found in the lower 48. Going full time this summer and dont want to miss a thing. Might be NP or a ball of twine. I want to see it all.
Please share the site and city and state. Thanks
I could give you a thousand must-see places just in Arizona/Utah/Nevada. But first you need to tell us how you are planning to do this so we know what is accessible to you. Big motor home only? Truck/camper? Towing a compact car or a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon?

Any more, I hate crowds so the places I visit you'd need at least a Jeep Rubicon to get to.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7779eer.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	238068
deserteagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #53

Must Visit

Carlsbad Caverns, NM
Kennedy Space Center, FL
Blue Ridge Parkway
Everything in Washington, DC
We like to visit State Capitols.
nondropframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Spartan Chassis
Many of the folks on here have listed places of natural beauty where you can enjoy nature, get away from people and see out-of-the-way sights. That's great, but don't forget cities if you enjoy being around people. As a solo full-timer, I really enjoy exploring the cities I come to, learning how it feels to be a local there, enjoying the local restaurants, museums, events and any other experiences the city has to offer. Some of my fondest memories were made in cities. For me personally, boondocking is fun for a while, then I get bored. I like to be where things are happening.
Dahai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #55

Exclamation Tunnels - be aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
Custer State Park in South Dakota. You can visit Mt. Rushmore right up the road from the Park.
Around Mt. Rushmore, there are roads with low height tunnels. Be aware. Check with local campgrounds and know you vehicle height.
Bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
Went to Gburg. Very moving. and sad. Left me with many questions. Why didnt the south attack at night. Why did nt they out flank them or attack from behind. Why rush a bolder fort across an open field? Why even attack the high hill. THey already had the town. Still was a moving place to visit. I will go to the KSC next winter and NO next spring. Thanks

Tags
alaska, alaska trip