Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2021, 11:34 PM   #15
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
She's got quite the attitude, doesn't she? I'd tell her, she either commits now, or if she says she doesn't want to go & she changes her mind, then she can pay for the "extra adult" some of those parks will charge you when you check in. They WILL ask you at check-in how many are in your site & if she comes but you had not made reservations that included her, lying is NOT the way to go.

absolutely agree, only i would take it one step further. With that attitude i would tell her you are not only not invited, you aren’t going, period.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2021, 07:17 AM   #16

Buy a tent and reserve her a spot for it at each place you stay. Tell her that its the only choice and she will decide rather quickly.
NevadaNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageishecker View Post
Are you staying in your RV or a KOA cabin? If it's your RV the only thing KOA should care about is that you pay for everyone, not that you have too many people for the site. I can understand the limit for a cabin.
Staying in the RV.. Again, I have NO issues on paying for the extra person, but I just don't want the KOA folks to tell us we "can't stay there because we have too many people....."
Chinaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
absolutely agree, only i would take it one step further. With that attitude i would tell her you are not only not invited, you aren’t going, period.
Hehehe Well, it isn't quite that easy...
She has issues, we understand, but we need a call, one way or the other. She has issues with my side of the family, "Oh what do you do?" "Where are you working?" type of questions aren't her idea of a good time, you can do the math .....and we are going to see my side of the family...so.... that MAY be her reason for "wavering"...

Well, I think it may resolve itself soon.

IF she travels with us.....
I will NOT lie to KOA staffs, after this post and reading some of the forum's comments, I'm hoping when we show up we will be admitted, and allowed to stay, if I am up front about it.

If she doesn't travel, well then, that problem is solved.

I can hope can't I?
Old 03-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Tell her that when she makes the reservations and pays the bills she can decide at the last minute what she is going to do. Until then, you decide book her or not.
bmcgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:32 AM   #20

Yes leave reservation as is, and if she joins you just tell them at check in. Had done this before with no issues what so ever.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:31 PM   #21

Well, it's a done deal....

..again, first let me thank everyone for their suggestions, advice etc.
The issue solved itself when my niece told my wife "you know, it's too far and I'm just not up to it.."

Wife told me today, so she's no longer a problem.
Onward and upward!
I like it when problem's solve themselves.....
Thank you all again, and it was great to get everyone's ideas and opinions.
CC
Old 03-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
All's well that ends well, I say. Enjoy your time...sans niece.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:29 PM   #23

Time for a lesson in making a commitment and honoring it?
LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:18 PM   #24

KZ RV Club
Attachment 321282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Call the parks you made reservation with and explain..."MIGHT be a change in number of adults....what would be the extra charge?"

What is so difficult about being straight forward and up front?
taught the kids to be honest just call.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:02 PM   #25

I camp at Kia a lot and have never had one ask how many in party when checking in.
Chuckge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:15 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Our05Winneba
Forget KOA. Join Thousand Trails, or instead stay at State and National Parks, BLM land, Forest Service land, etc..where you will not have to worry about the number in your "party". Most places are not so authoritarian as KOA sounds.
Our05Winneba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #27

So the first thing that came to mind is......."So in America there's a limit of six people in a family?" No one has 5, 6, kids? Just tell them you have an extra person pay the fee and enjoy your stay. Remember they are a business needing to make money not enemies.
Bobthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:15 PM   #28

Good news for you! Now when she changes her mind at the last minute, Oh, I'm so sorry, we've made reservations and they won't allow 4 adults.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground