Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2018, 12:23 AM   #1

My good fortune, extending Fl. trip

Just a little background, I lived in Fl. for 27 yrs., beginning in Orlando for 2 yrs. then Daytona and Ormond beach for 25 yrs. Returned to hometown in North IN. 15 yrs ago, for family. Moved to South. IN 10 yrs. ago to be near now wife's family. I try to return to Fl. as often as I can to visit many old friends. I bought my first TT in Oct. last year and and spent my first week of camping in Leiber State Park, So. Central IN. and became hooked. Winter set in and I began to plan my first long trip to go to Fl. in the spring. Wanting to go to Bike week in mid March, I soon found out that cheap campsites are booked way in advance for such events (can't afford pricey parks and resorts). I settled on going the week after bike week, last week in March, to Tomoka State Park, for two weeks then Little Manatee River State Park, on West side , near Tampa, for two weeks ( IN. friends there). Both under $25.00/night W/ water and elec. I was going to miss bike week but at least get to see old friends and spend a whole month in Fl. for less than one week in a Daytona Motel for Bike week.
Just the other day I connected with an old friend, from Daytona, on Facebook, to let him know my plans and that I would be looking him up. He responded "Why are you staying there, why don't you come camp on my property?"
Turns out he has 2.5 acres in Samsula, Just So. of Daytona, near the Cabbage Patch (riders may be familiar with, a popular destination for bike week).
I said He!! Yea!. He can hook me up with water and elec. for as long as I want.
Hence my good fortune. So now I am going to leave a couple weeks earlier and get to enjoy the craziness of bike week and spend lots of time looking up friends. So now I can spend six weeks in FL., this trip, and be able to plan more frequent trips in the future. My major limitation is budget and the DW is still working full time, for a few years yet, so I can't just run around the country and leave her home alone all the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171018_154459786.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	189822  
RHD51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #2

Nice. Enjoy and safe travels!
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:40 AM   #3
M2D

Great good luck! Enjoy!
M2D is offline   Reply With Quote