Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #1

Myrtle Beach ????

Looking for some feedback on some camp grounds from people who have stayed along the shore at myrtle beach what one would you recommend or stay away from....We plan on going the 4th of July week
smitty919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #2

We have only stayed at one place in myrtle beach. Huntington Beach State Park. Great beach, nice park, close to good food, great golf, not too far from all the shopping you could ever want to do. Others like Ocean Lakes, Pirate Land.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Last time we were in Myrtle, we stayed at Ocean Lakes in Merrils Inlet. Not bad, but a lot of permanent/seasonal so. But I think you get that anywhere there.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #4

Stayed at Myrtle Beach once, at Ocean Lakes-never again. You can't even take a walk without having to dodge golf carts driven at top speed by pre-teens. Matter-of-fact, that's the reason we didn't attend the 2014 irv2.com rally.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #5

We stayed at the Koa in Myrtle Beach. While it is not directly on the beach, it is a nice campground right in the middle of Myrtle Beach. If you're looking for a park directly on the beach, then the Travel Park in North Myrtle Beach would be my second choice. ocean lakes is very busy.
EasyPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:32 AM   #6

We've got reservations for a week starting tomorrow at Briarcliff rv resort. Looks good on paper. I guess we're going to find out.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:02 AM   #7

I've stayed at pirate land,lakewood, and ocean lakes which I like best. You will be lucky to find a 4th of July reservation at least close to the ocean. Ocean lakes has really cracked down on under age golf cart drivers.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #8

We liked Apache because of the pier
Apache Family Campground and Pier-Home
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #9

It will be hard to find anything this close to the 4th. We stay at Ocean Lakes but not peak season. As for 2014 rally, carts were no problem since it was not summer time.
graysondee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Ocean lakes has really cracked down on under age golf cart d..rivers.
We were just there in April and I saw a couple of young girls driving one, circling out of control and almost head first into a telephone pole. The driver had no idea how to drive it.

On several occasions, I looked out the motorhome side window and saw a very expensive-looking drone...one with a video camera...peeping thru the window from 2 feet away. Told the front desk and security about it. They did not seem to be concerned in the least. Got a baseball bat and a water hose ready for the next time, but left before getting the opportunity.

Ya gotta love Myrtle Beach to put up with this nonsense. Never again.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #11
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Baron View Post
We were just there in April and I saw a couple of young girls driving one, circling out of control and almost head first into a telephone pole. The driver had no idea how to drive it.

On several occasions, I looked out the motorhome side window and saw a very expensive-looking drone...one with a video camera...peeping thru the window from 2 feet away. Told the front desk and security about it. They did not seem to be concerned in the least.

Ya gotta love Myrtle Beach to put up with this nonsense. Never again.

At that short of a distance, a sling shot with a ball bearing will do wonders for its ability to fly/snoop.
Our last and most likely final stay at Ocean Lakes was at the 2014 Irv National Rally. I believe its prime has come and gone.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We've stayed at Ocean Lakes, Pirate land and Apache. While I like being on the beach, they are too big and too crowded for me. Good for taking the grandchildren, or to a rally, but even in off season it is too crowded. I would rather go to the Outer Banks in NC where it is not so commercial.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Stayed at Myrtle Beach once, at Ocean Lakes-never again. You can't even take a walk without having to dodge golf carts driven at top speed by pre-teens. Matter-of-fact, that's the reason we didn't attend the 2014 irv2.com rally.
X2 ON THAT. ...TEENS EVERYWHERE ON GOLF CARTS...NOT a relaxing beach vacation. .. by no means. Once...never again.
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #14

Just looking at the picture at the top of this page of the rally is enough for me to know I don't want to go there.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach