Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Naval Academy FamCamp

Our grandson is graduating from the Naval Academy next spring and we want to go to commissioning week activities. I noticed they have an RV park on the campus called Naval Academy FamCamp. I am not normally eligible to stay there, but I was thinking since we are family of a graduate I might be able to get in during commissioning week. Does anyone have any information about the possibility of us being able to stay there during commissioning week?
I know I could probably just call, but I didn't want to bother them if it was not a possibility.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #2

Here is a link to the Campground. Most Military CGs allow accompanied guests. You should call the camp office to inquire. Or, get your son to stop by and make reservations.

https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/nd...l_lodging.html

The picture of your RV indicates it may be right at the CGs size limit.
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #3

The military fam camps and housing that we have worked with since my son is in the Navy have been very particular about the service member being in attendance. Which means that since my son is currently in Guam we haven't used their facilities. If anyone knows otherwise please share how.

However, since its near the graduation location there might be exceptions if they are required to stay on base and cant be with you. They won't work with you directly, your son will need to make the arrangements. They might provide info but wouldn't get upset if they don't.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:09 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
This is my grandson. My son is way too old to be graduating from the Naval Academy.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
This is my grandson. My son is way too old to be graduating from the Naval Academy.
Doesn't matter. Dont discredit what is posted just because you are older. From what I have noticed parents don't have any more consideration over grandparents unless the parents are financially dependent on the service personnel. Same rules apply either way.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Larry,
Read some of the reviews here: Anapolis Fam Camp and a better choice may be had off base.

Here is a listing of RV Parks around there: RV Parks
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Doesn't matter. Dont discredit what is posted just because you are older. From what I have noticed parents don't have any more consideration over grandparents unless the parents are financially dependent on the service personnel. Same rules apply either way.
Seriously, it was a joke. Not trying to discredit anyone.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:43 PM   #8

You most likely will not be able to use the fan camp they are for military and did only! Sorry
Spdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdoll View Post
You most likely will not be able to use the fan camp they are for military and did only! Sorry
This is what I had thought, so I will definitely look elsewhere.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
This is what I had thought, so I will definitely look elsewhere.
You can camp there but the military personnel has to set it up and be there with you. Been there done that. As I mentioned its a no go if they aren't.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
You can camp there but the military personnel has to set it up and be there with you. Been there done that. As I mentioned its a no go if they aren't.

There are no set rules like that. It all depends on the policy of the commander that has control of facility.

Ask the MWR manager or actual park manager, if there is one.

I provided this link - https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/nd...l_lodging.html - in my first post. It has the phone number to call. Ask if sponsorship is allowed for guests of the command.
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:30 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When you go to the Annapolis area be sure to get some crabcake sandwiches there.

Best in the world!!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:28 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would think you would be in compition with many others for that weekend with most of them already possibly having reservations.

But as already mentioned the best bet is to call them, it’s not a bother it’s their job.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:56 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
The more I have thought about it, I do not deserve a spot there. There are only 14 sites, I will leave them to those that have served.