Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2023, 07:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
The Falls are viewed best from the Canadian side. You will need a passport.
Nah! The best views are from the maid of the mist!
WeeBeenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2023, 08:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBeenew View Post
Nah! The best views are from the maid of the mist!
Best view is the " Cave of the Winds " tour. NY side.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 08:41 AM   #17

Have experienced both sides several times in the past few years.
Canadian side is definitely better all the way around in every aspect. The US needs to step up their game a bit.
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 08:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Yup! That too!
Old 02-14-2023, 08:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprobate View Post
Have experienced both sides several times in the past few years.
Canadian side is definitely better all the way around in every aspect. The US needs to step up their game a bit.
NY side was once a very nice place to visit. So much has changed over the last 45 years or so. The park itself is has improved. But the city could truly use a facelift.
Old 02-14-2023, 08:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Pair that up with Journey Behind the Falls and it will be perfect
Old 02-14-2023, 09:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Pair that up with Journey Behind the Falls and it will be perfect
I haven't done either of those in about 10 years now. Goat Island is a good place to visit as well. Some nice views from there.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBeenew View Post
I haven't done either of those in about 10 years now. Goat Island is a good place to visit as well. Some nice views from there.
I agree. Anywhere close to the falls is spectacular. It is just a magical place.

We did the zip line on the Canadian side last time. Don't know if it was worth the money, but it was exhilarating. We did it twice, the last time just to fully take in the view
Old 02-14-2023, 10:42 AM   #23

Quote:
I agree. Anywhere close to the falls is spectacular. It is just a magical place.

We did the zip line on the Canadian side last time. Don't know if it was worth the money, but it was exhilarating. We did it twice, the last time just to fully take in the view
Nope. And nope! I did my zip line experience in the Army. Air assault badge. I don't have rubber bones anymore!
Old 02-14-2023, 10:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzales View Post
Any issues crossing with the RV? Can we cross with fruits and vegetables in our fridge to Canada? I wouldn't mind camping on the Canadian side to utilize the shuttles and enjoy the view.
The best views are by far from the Canadian side.
Crossing into Canada is relatively easy Fruits, Vegetables, Produce ARE ALLOWED. Crossing back into the US is a different matter: No Fruit, Vegetables, Produce of any kind, No Eggs, No Fresh/Frozen Poultry and No Lamb.
There MAY be current restrictions such as No Eggs when coming into Canada.
Check both Canadian and US Government sites for the latest restrictions and when at the border DO NOT try to hide anything, that is when they lose patience on either side.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 11:02 AM   #25

It's been a long time since I've been to the falls. I used to live 60 miles east and would go to the falls anytime family from out of state would come in to town.

Staying after dark used to be a spectacular light show, displaying a rainbow of colors on the falls. Very memorable from the Canadian side.

Once upon a time, there was a simulator ride that would make you feel like you were in a barrel going over the falls! Another memorable event on the Canadian side.

I always wanted to go up in the PanAm tower, but never did. But I guess there is the Skylon tower now.

The Ripley's wax museum is fun to go through too (Canadian side)

The Niagara falls aquarium was a fun side trip.

You may wish to check with your insurance company to see if they will issue a form for you to travel into Canada. I used to have Amica insurance, and they would send me a card every year for travel through Canada.

Be ready to sample Maple sugar treats in all forms too!

Have fun, eh?
Parafango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 02:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Are you suggesting to re-design the falls and area?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 02:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Are you suggesting to re-design the falls and area?
Yeah right
The Canadians have put in a lot of effort to bring in tourists and make their stay enjoyable. The ticket packages and transportation options are priced well and easy to use. They keep it maintained. And it is clean.
Unfortunately, you can't say any of that about the US side.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:54 AM   #28

A new addition last year on the Canadian side is a tunnel at the former piwer station. You comen out fairly close to the bottom of the falls. It was raining the day we were there, but it didn't make a difference, we were wet anyway even with the rain poncho they provided.

https://www.niagaraparks.com/visit/attractions/niagara-parks-power-station/the-tunnel-niagara-falls
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground