Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2023, 12:46 PM   #1

Niagara Falls Campgrounds

Hello, planning a trip to Niagara Falls this summer with my wife and daughter. We drive a class c and are always looking for shuttles taxis or ubers when we camp. Does anyone know of a campground on the U.S. that provides shuttles to the Falls? Has anyone had any recent experience with taxis, ubers, or lyft from a campground to the Falls? We don't mind unhooking the freelander but prefer not to. Any input is appreciated!
rgonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2023, 12:56 PM   #2
Community Moderator

We stayed at Cinderella Motel & Campground on Grand Island when we visited Niagara Falls this past summer. It is one of the most economical campgrounds we found in the area. It was close to the falls, but no shuttles or buses that we found.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 02:41 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Falls are viewed best from the Canadian side. You will need a passport.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 04:32 PM   #4

Here's excellent information on the U.S. & Canadian side and camping recommendations. They've made several posts on the subject so read them all. Why bring the Freelander if you don't use it?

https://www.wheelingit.us/?s=niagara+falls
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:44 PM   #5

Agree 100% with Arch, we visited the Canadian side in the fall and had a wonderful visit. During the high season many of the traditional campgrounds have shuttles plus there are local transportation services.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:16 PM   #6

Camping in Niagara Falls,NY

I live in Niagara Falls,NY. My favorite most economical campsite is a state campsite called Four Mile Creek State Campground. Fill up with water before you get to your site. Most sites have electric. Call 1-800-456-2267 or online .WWW.Reserve America.com You can book nine months in advance. The bathrooms/showers are very clean with plenty of hot water. Starting in June to Labor weekend a fee shuttle will pick you up and bring you back. Stops include Fort Niagara,Power Vista,Geological museum, Aquarium and the actual water falls. When you get in the Falls you can by a two day ticket. This includes a trolly that stops around the Falls(water). Be sure to walk to the Niagara Culinary institute for a fabulous lunch. You will be sure to enjoy a ride on the Maid of the Mist. This is included in your pass. The camping office has racks full of brochures pf things to do in the area. Check out the Chamber of Commerce for my information. If you decide to go into canada you will need a passport or an inhanced drivers license. Possibly a birth certificate for your child. You can easily spend a week in the Niagara Falls area. PM me if you need any more help. Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 06:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 3 View Post
I live in Niagara Falls,NY. My favorite most economical campsite is a state campsite called Four Mile Creek State Campground. Fill up with water before you get to your site. Most sites have electric. Call 1-800-456-2267 or online .WWW.Reserve America.com You can book nine months in advance. The bathrooms/showers are very clean with plenty of hot water. Starting in June to Labor weekend a fee shuttle will pick you up and bring you back. Stops include Fort Niagara,Power Vista,Geological museum, Aquarium and the actual water falls. When you get in the Falls you can by a two day ticket. This includes a trolly that stops around the Falls(water). Be sure to walk to the Niagara Culinary institute for a fabulous lunch. You will be sure to enjoy a ride on the Maid of the Mist. This is included in your pass. The camping office has racks full of brochures pf things to do in the area. Check out the Chamber of Commerce for my information. If you decide to go into canada you will need a passport or an inhanced drivers license. Possibly a birth certificate for your child. You can easily spend a week in the Niagara Falls area. PM me if you need any more help. Take Care, Ann
Wonderful information! Thank you Sam will have to look into the campground and all of the suggestions. Thank you
Old 01-17-2023, 06:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
We stayed at Cinderella Motel & Campground on Grand Island when we visited Niagara Falls this past summer. It is one of the most economical campgrounds we found in the area. It was close to the falls, but no shuttles or buses that we found.
I have watched a few videos on this campground and it was definitely on our list to look into.
Old 01-17-2023, 06:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Here's excellent information on the U.S. & Canadian side and camping recommendations. They've made several posts on the subject so read them all. Why bring the Freelander if you don't use it?

https://www.wheelingit.us/?s=niagara+falls
Thank you for the website link. We do use the freelander to jot around from time time however prefer to keep it plugged in at the campground with the AC running for our dog. Hasn't always stopped us from taking the pooch if it's not too hot out or running the generator where permitted.
Old 01-17-2023, 06:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming View Post
Agree 100% with Arch, we visited the Canadian side in the fall and had a wonderful visit. During the high season many of the traditional campgrounds have shuttles plus there are local transportation services.
Any issues crossing with the RV? Can we cross with fruits and vegetables in our fridge to Canada? I wouldn't mind camping on the Canadian side to utilize the shuttles and enjoy the view.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzales View Post
Any issues crossing with the RV? Can we cross with fruits and vegetables in our fridge to Canada? I wouldn't mind camping on the Canadian side to utilize the shuttles and enjoy the view.
We had no trouble crossing over into Canada with our 30 ft motor home and tow. RV's are directed to a separate line so we are not in the long line of traffic. The border agent didn't even enter the RV. Our only hiccup was DH's passport. We happened to open it a few miles from the border, first time in years, to discover it had expired the previous year. I was scrambling all the way trying to find an alternative campground. However, it wasn't necessary, they kindly let us in. That meant we did not travel back over to the US side until we were ready to leave the country.

Here is a link to local public transportation:
https://www.niagarafallstourism.com/...transportation

We stayed at Jellystone RV Park, it has a private shuttle to attractions during the season. We were there in the off season. Once you get to the attractions area you can buy a pass to multiple attractions and it will include access to Wego buses. Very handy and run in a circuit all day.

I think the KOA and some other campgrounds are on the Wego route.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:22 PM   #12
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies
Why bring the Freelander if you don't use it?

That threw me at first as well because I thought they were referring to the Land Rover Freelander SUV as a toad but I think they probably have a Coachmen Class C Freelander.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
That threw me at first as well because I thought they were referring to the Land Rover Freelander SUV as a toad but I think they probably have a Coachmen Class C Freelander.
Thanks for clarifying, yes we have a 2006 24ft coachmen freelander. Occasionally trailer scooters behind it but mostly only on short trips around ohio. We like the short footprint our MH makes. I wouldn't mind towing a freelander with a freelander tho!
Old 02-14-2023, 07:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzales View Post
Hello, planning a trip to Niagara Falls this summer with my wife and daughter. We drive a class c and are always looking for shuttles taxis or ubers when we camp. Does anyone know of a campground on the U.S. that provides shuttles to the Falls? Has anyone had any recent experience with taxis, ubers, or lyft from a campground to the Falls? We don't mind unhooking the freelander but prefer not to. Any input is appreciated!
Stay at 4 mile Creek SP and you can park in lot 3 at Nigara Falls SP free. Take your bikes from there. Plenty of RV parking at the Niagara Power Project, Ft. Niagara, @ the Whilpool. On the Canada side stay at the KOA and buy a bus pass. The bus will take you anywhere you want to go and you can get on and off anywhere
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground