Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #1

Niagra Falls

I s anyone familar with Niagra Lazy Lakes Campgroun on the American side in New York.

Kevin & Dot
oceancamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Nat

No, but logged on to see if anyone had any recomendations for the Niagra Falls area. Vickie and I are planning a trip up at the end of Aug. We will probably see the falls and then go over itno Can. for a couple days then back to the finger lakes area. Can anyone offer any good CG's? Thanks, Nat

2002 Carraige 32' Triple slide
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
KIX

We were in that area in July. I heard, but didn't check it out, that the CGs close to the falls had very small sites and were expensive. We stayed about 30 miles away on Lake Ontario at Golden Hill SP. It was clean, decent size sites, inexpensive and our site was about 100 feet from the lake. We will stay there again when in that area.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Recommend staying on the Canada side. Much nicer and better view of the falls.
Niagara Falls KOA
8625 Lundy's Lane
Niagara Falls, ON L2H 1H5
Information: (905) 356-2267

Easy bus to downtown and falls area
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Last month, we stayed at Niagara Heartland RV Resort, in Gasport, NY. About 20 miles from Niagara, NY. It is a Passport America CG, so the stay will approximatley $15 a night, I forgot the exact amount. Plus a $5 a day deposit on electricity. That is the first I ever had to do that, but we got back $4 upon departure, but it is hotter this time of year.

Here is a link to the Niagara Heartland RV Resort

We found it easy to navigate to Niagara, Lockport (Eire Canal Locks - take the tour) and up to the coast of Lake Ontario (Olcott, NY) There is a very nice public park in Olcott. It was very relaxing to get back to a quiet campground.

Here is a picture of the entrance AND exit to the resort.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Last month, we stayed at the KOA in Grand Island, NY...it was okay...but way to expensive. Check the website RV Park Reviews....I have heard the KOA on the Canadian side is a nicer park.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
rca

Workhorse Chassis Owner
oceancamper - I've been to Niagara Lazy Lakes, early in the season last spring. The transient sites are at the front of the resort, well spaced out with lots of green space between you and the next sites but not much shade except around the perimeter of the area. Water and electric only - easy access dump station. We spent 3 days there on RPI and would recommend it.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #8

niagra falls

Thanks RCA we made reservations for 9/19 also throughRPI.We will be there 4 nights.

Kevin & Dot
Old 08-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We'll be at Niagra Lazy Lakes under our ROD membership later this month. Never been there before. I'll give you a report once we get there.
CheetahGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #10

Thanks for the update on the campground, Cheetah Girl will be looking for your report,RCA said it was really nice, enjoy your stay.

Kevin & Dot
Old 08-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We arrived at Niagra Lazy Lakes today and so far I'm quite pleased with the place. Very picturesque area. We are in what I would call the "front section" of the park. We have a 41' class A, and this section has plenty of room for us. Lots of space (grass) between us and the next neighbor. The power is 30 amp throughout the park and so far it's been steady. We have a surge guard which cuts us off if the power fluctuates too much and so far so good. Water pressure is fine. No sewer at any of the sites, but there are at least 3 dump stations that I've seen so far and they are easily accessible. Folks at the check in booth were friendly. Think of this park as a long rectangle made up of 3 squares. The first square is the front section, second square is the fishing pond and swimming pond, third square is what I'd call the "back section". The back section has a lot more trees than the front section, but still looks to be easily navigable. The potential problem I see with the back section is that to reach it, you have to pass through a somewhat narrow lane lined with trees that are in serious need of a trimming. For bigger rigs like ours, we definitely would have been brushing branches especially on the roof and quite possibly would come away with a few new scratches. We are 12 1/2 feet tall. Lower rigs might not have the same problem. It's hard to judge the exact heights when just looking up from the ground. But I watched a 5th wheel come through and he did brush a few branches. Also, the sites in the back section seem a little smaller, but still most seem adequately sized. There is only a small area right next to the pond - which seems to be filled with long term rentals anyway - where the sites look a bit tight.

My recommendation would be to follow the directions listed on the ROD website, not the ones listed on the AOR website to get here.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Oh yeah, and antennae TV reception is good. They have free WiFi at the park but it was really slow. We're using our aircard and it's much better. Cell signal is good. We have AT&T.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not exactl "on topic" but wife and I watched a movie last night that we recorded on or DVR's when it was on cable last week

NIAGRA
Old 09-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #14

Thanks Cheetah Girl, we are at Lazy Lakes now. We love it, sites are large and clean, close to the Falls. Having a great time visiting Niagara Falls. Went into Canada yesterday , no problem, went without the rig.

Kevin & Dot

Tags
heartland