Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #1

Nice camp ground in middle KY?

Hi all. We will be heading into KY soon and are looking for a nice camp to stay in. We looked in all our books and on line but few have pull throughs or full hook ups. We are heading from E. PA to Nashville so along I75, I64, I65 would be great. We need a 50' pull through with wifi, 50 amp and sewer. Be greatful for any suggestions.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
A nice large CG is in Bowling Green. Beach Bend CG just down the road from the natl corvette museum. It has big attraction adjacent with rides, ferris wheel, etc.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have stayed at the Corbin,Kentucky KOA several times over the years. It always was a great CG but now, with the new Owners who happen to own an excavating company as well, it is even nicer. We stayed there in May and he was telling us of his plans to open the resort all the way down to the lake and waterfall which would be great. Colonel Sanders original restaurant is just down the road and some of the best bbq I've eater eaten is right athe end of the off ramp. The campground is minutes off I-75, has a beautiful treed entrance, is extremely well kept, great pool and pull through sites. Lots to see and do within 45 minutes off the cg.
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #4

Taylorsville state park, just south of Louisville. They have horse sites available so I beleave they have 50amp and pull through.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
If you can do without wifi, Nolin Lake Army Corps of Engineers has a beautiful campground with pull throughs and full hookups. It is the Moutardier area.

Description

In the gentle slopes of South Central Kentucky, Moutardier Campground on Nolin Lake has great appeal to the naturalist or those who just want to get away from it all. Most of the areas in the campground are rolling hillsides with gentle access to the shoreline. Some shoreline areas are steep with riprap erosion protection. There is a boat ramp, playground, and picnic shelter adjacent to the campground. The campground offers 167 campsites, 81 with electric and water hookup. Other amenities include a dump station, flush facilities, showers, playground, boat ramp, picnic shelter, public marina, and hiking trails. Other area attractions include Mammoth Cave National Park, Nolin Lake State Park, golf courses, marina, canoe rentals, and riding stables. Quiet hours are 10pm - 6am. Pets must be kept on leashes not over 6 feet long. No hunting or firearms permitted in recreation areas.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Cave Country CG in Cave City. See my REVIEW & my PHOTOs.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #7

Whispering Hills just outside of Georgetown, KY is new and a pretty good place to stay. Great pool and bath houses, full hook up, pull thrus. Convenient to I-75 RV Park Reviews :: Georgetown, Kentucky ( KY ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
Hi all. We will be heading into KY soon and are looking for a nice camp to stay in. We looked in all our books and on line but few have pull throughs or full hook ups. We are heading from E. PA to Nashville so along I75, I64, I65 would be great. We need a 50' pull through with wifi, 50 amp and sewer. Be greatful for any suggestions.
Highly recommend the KY Horse Park in Lexington.

KHP Campground

Easy access from the Interstates of 75 and 64.

Hundreds of sites so you don't need reservation. Nice sites of all sizes.

Should plan at least on day to go through all the museum and park attractions. Its a real education.

We have been there two times and even for a short stay its very convenient.

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #9

Since none of the campgrounds previously suggested fit your stated requirements exactly, or are too close to your destination, may I make a suggestion. You may wish to consider Elkhorn Campground 165 N. Scruggs Ln. Frankfort, KY 40601. It has pull throughs that will accomodate 50' easily, has wifi & cable, water, 50amp and sewers. The only draw back is it's about 9 miles off I-64.
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #10

Thank you all for the info. I'm sure it will help us.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Since none of the campgrounds previously suggested fit your stated requirements exactly, or are too close to your destination, may I make a suggestion. You may wish to consider Elkhorn Campground 165 N. Scruggs Ln. Frankfort, KY 40601. It has pull throughs that will accomodate 50' easily, has wifi & cable, water, 50amp and sewers. The only draw back is it's about 9 miles off I-64.
See my REVIEW & my PHOTOs for this one, too.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #12

Let us know what u decide and what u think ;-)
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_H_E View Post
Let us know what u decide and what u think ;-)
No problem. The DW is checking them now. We saw the horse camp on line but they didn't seem to have any pull throughs. She is calling them today to see. Thanks again to all.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #14

Btw I think there are 2 cg in bardstown ky. If I get a chance, I will try to ride by them. whites camp ground and My Old Ky home state park camp ground. About 20 min from Taylorsville ky 40 min to Louisville ky 20 min from I65

Nice little town. Bourbon capital of the world. Several breweries to tour, Jim Beam, Makers Mark, 4 Roses, come to mind horse drawn carage ride in town, antique shops etc.