Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #71

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Quote:
Heck no! They train their dogs to go poop on the neighbours' lawn! Laugh
Oh yeah - duh!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #72

All I can say about this thread is lighten up guys. The world is imperfect, life is short, we're all gonna die and there are bigger issues in life than poop.

We all have the power of choice. If you don't like the rules at a particular place move to another place. It's that simple.

(I travel with 6 canines and avoid parks that have stupid rules. I pick up after my dogs, keep them reasonably quiet and keep to myself. If someone followed me around a park I would confront them and suggest they better find another hobby or they will be mine.)
Old 11-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #73

Pet Owners, drivers, shoppers, short term visitors, no matter who or what... there is always the minority that spoil the joy, fun and life of the majority.

I do think it fair to say, we are all affected by the minority and in part, agree with the free night offered, but for me, as a responsible pet owner, would approach the owner and give them the opportunity to clean up. You may have been distracted by a view or event or other person and did'nt notice. There is also the health issues associated with animal mess and we should all take this into account.

My concern would be false accusation and how do you prove your word is true when someone has pointed the finger at you?

There doesnt appear to be an appeals process, only the Site Owners decission.

This is my two penneth worth.

Icey
in Blighty
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #74

Well, This thread was started back in 8/06 and has kept our fascination. Must be a bunch of pet loving anal non-retentive types to keep a thread this long. I can't say as I'd appreciate the poop nazi's overseeing my dog's butt to ground rocketry. We pick up religiously after Morgan and I expect other's to do so as well. When I see a rule breaker I'll call to them and tell them I have a plastic bag to pick up their dogs warm goodies. I really don't think I could run crying to the management over dog poop. In some instances it was a second run the dog was making having exhausted the first bag. The owner was going to get another bag but I helped. Another time it was an elderly man who had his dog so moved. He could not bend over to gather up the evidence for the trash as his wife normally did it. There was the lady in the housecoat, curlers in hair and the proverbial cigarette and drink in hand who had no clue about social skills involving dog poop nor did she care. I gave her the bag and encouraged her in the right direction but I figured it involved more than dog poop that she needed. In any case lets keep this thread going for us poop picker uppers.
Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:28 AM   #75

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
I got 4 dogs.
I am going to question the boundaries of me being a 'good dog owner.'

I have a large boxer and an english bulldog I pick up after every single time.

However, with my 2 wee Pugs.
IF I am walking them out in the boonies AND rain is forecast for that afternoon,
I have been known to be selective about using the baggies which are always shoved in my back pocket. Only in the outback, never in town.

I think I'm the first guy to have written this.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #76

People have a love for there pets I do have a love for My pet She has never had Her feet on the ground I am telling You all the truth.She runs free in our home and camper except at night when She is caged for safety She likes to get in bed with us and if We roll over well You know what would happen I clean up Her home(cage)every morning and after each use dailey She is house trained 100% has all shots is fixed and deflowered.Never is makeing a sound..But will play and loves to be held never eats our food and never asks for money...nice pet and also never bites never had a flee or tick or any other bug comes to Us when called and showers every morning and some times more that once a day She has a love for water...But as any pet She needs time from our life to care for Her every need and WE do.Most dog owners do clean up but some do notI have looked after parks and dogs are the #1 problem next to radios #2 and the list goes on from there..Also the saying most used is My dog does not bite do cows have milk shake Your head all pets can bite if the timeing is right as all pets also crap so clean up or leave them home...make more friends than You have now then You will not read posts like these 8 pages...That Friends is just My .02 worth...Bushman
Old 12-31-2008, 03:44 PM   #77

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Bushman
I hate to post off-topic,
well that certainly isn't the truth i guess,
and i love your post but think I didn't interpret it all 100%,

it isn't real typical for pooches to have to have their sleeping pen 'cleaned up the next morning' as they consider that their nest.
You must have 2 different types of pens for your hound?

on an edit: i read your sig and i see that your dog is really a ferret !
i also reckon thats why you don't let her run free at the camping parks
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #78

Yes A Ferret Molly is but a cat dog ferret all do the same CRAP I ran a camp and had a guy that had a goat he left a mess and then there was a horse over night He cleaned up after it and said thanks for letting Me stay in the nice park I said come back again and thanks for cleaning up after the Horse never seen Him again but one old gent had 7 dogs and let them run loose one morning but complaned about a dog that got loose from another camper can You beleive that..That is the truth People some times do not think or are just dum...Thanks for Your coment Fat Dog.. I will have the computer down for a few days now so Happy New Years all Bushman
Old 01-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Woman bitten by pit bull at state park

Dec. 28, 2009

A 34-year-old woman was bitten on the leg by a pit bull terrier mix weighing about 60-pounds as she walked in Manatee Springs State Park on Sunday afternoon.

Mike Schenck of Levy County Animal Control, said park officials contacted his office and the Levy County Sheriff’s Office about the incident.

Levy County Emergency Medical Services responded to the call, said EMS Director Trish Seibold, but the woman refused transportation to a medical center for treatment, preferring to seek treatment on her own.

Schenck said an animal control officer went with a worker from the state park to locate the 3-year-old dog, which they found at a residence outside the park. Although a child and adult were in the home, they were not the dog’s owner and would not answer the door.

Schenck said the officer left a notice and the dog’s owner contacted animal services on Monday. He said the dog’s shots are up to date and the owner is keeping the animal quarantined at the home.

The owner had the dog in a fenced in area, Schenck said, and it got out. “So now she has to take the dog out on a leash.”

“We have the right to go out there anytime to check on the animal,” Schenck said. He said there would be a check of the animal at the end of the 10-day period.

This is the first complaint about the dog, Schenck said.

He said anyone who is bitten by an animal, whether a pet or wild, needs to know that if they do not report it and have the animal quarantined, that there is a possibility of contracting rabies and “rabies is not a curable disease.”

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #80

The thing that makes me laugh is people that glare at me when my very obediant Australian Shepard is not on a leash. (he never leaves my side, does not need a leash, so sometimes I fudge that) The people that glare usually have horrible little yappy angry dogs that drag them over to where WE are. My dog does not even glance at them, and just stands two feet from my body, heeling nicely. Then the (usually an old lady that needs an estrogen patch) will say something really nasty about how I am breaking the rules. Does she know how stupid she looks?

I say...train your dog, or better yet get a smart breed.

...sorry, whew, I feel BETTER!
mainlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #81

duplicate
Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #82

duplicate
Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #83

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mainlander:
The thing that makes me laugh is people that glare at me when my very obediant Australian Shepard is not on a leash. (he never leaves my side, does not need a leash, so sometimes I fudge that) The people that glare usually have horrible little yappy angry dogs that drag them over to where WE are. My dog does not even glance at them, and just stands two feet from my body, heeling nicely. Then the (usually an old lemon sucker) will say something really nasty about how I am breaking the rules. Does she know how stupid she looks?

I say...train your dog, or better yet get a smart breed.

...sorry, whew, I feel BETTER!

I pick up 95% of the time, I have been caught without a bag because I am not hypervigilant and for that, I apologize. Cigarette butts and gum that kills wildlife bother me much more.

And yappy barking pea brain dogs really suck.

oops, I am not as smart as my dog. Is there a bag for my duplicate posts?
Old 02-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #84

I never could understand why anyone would get upset about a park that enforces the rules about cleaning up after your pets. There should never be a pet owner that fails to clean up after their dog I don't get it. We never fail to do that and can't sympathize with anyone that does.